I am worried about Delta airlines for my 90 day trip from Atlanta to BKK. One way to Cambodia good enough?

Greetings , You guys are fantastic. I have 90 day trip to BKK /Jomtien/Pattaya on Delta airlines from Atlanta, GA USA. They won't tell me in advance what they require for checkin in Atlanta, only say check with gov regulations, that doesn't help much. I will get 60 day tourist visa and plan to get extension in Jomtien to cover the last 30 days but I know from experience that the idiots in Atlanta will not accept that extension idea. My plan is to get a one way ticket out of BKK (in advance to show at airport in Atlanta that I will never use) on airasia to Cambodia just before the 60 day Tourist visa expiration. 1) Will this get me through checkin in Atlanta?  2) is a one way ticket sufficient or do I need round trip? 3) does Cambodia require Visa in advance or can I just say that I will get Visa on arrival? 4) any other neighboring countries offer visa on arrival if Cambodia does not?  Thanks Everyone!  Dwayne Hoover

1 hour ago, dwaynehoover said:

Not for the people in Thailand, the people in Atlanta will not let me on the plane with a 90 day itinerary and a 60 day Visa. I have been through this before.  But Thanks

That is pretty odd. Delta is an IATA member airline, and have easy access to the rules. Maybe, go through the checks on the IATA Travel Centre site (https://www.iatatravelcentre.com/TH-Thailand-passport-visa-health-travel-document-requirements.htm) taking screen copies at each step, and show this to the airline supervisor if they are still unaware of the rules Delta has agreed to follow.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I don't know about the US embassy, but in France the Thai embassy says on its website that you need to provide a return ticket before 90 days (and not 60 days). So I always bring a screen copy at the airport in case they would ask me. But 90 days is fine with Thai Airways and i've never had any problem or even question, as long as i can show a tourist visa. I guess it depends on the airline.

But when going from Bangkok to the Philippines without any visa, to be safe i book my return flight within 30 days, and then change my return ticket once in the Philippines.

1 hour ago, arick said:

Does Delta even fly to Bangkok I have never seen it! 

They did previously 3 decades ago, then pulled out. When they merged with NWA a dozen or so years ago, they did again for a few years. Then pulled out again. Now they partner and codeshare with KAL and transfer in ICN (Seoul) to KAL. 

40 minutes ago, Skeptic7 said:

They did previously 3 decades ago, then pulled out. When they merged with NWA a dozen or so years ago, they did again for a few years. Then pulled out again. Now they partner and codeshare with KAL and transfer in ICN (Seoul) to KAL. 

I might have gotten on one of the last flights from Minneapolis MN USA to Bangkok in 2016, this was a one stop flight in Narita, great flight now the flights are almost all two stops with about eight hours added on

Just as an FYI, while you may have an interline ticket (that being a one ticket which involves travel on more than. 1 different airline) EACH independent airline IS allowed to conduct their own “doc screening” at any point in travel with them, and may, per their Contract of Carriage, deny you boarding (at any point, not just origin) if you don’t hold the correct entry permits/papers/visas etc for entry to your final destination or a downline connection point if applicable. 

Normally, doc checks are done only at the first point of travel, but it’s not entirely unknown for the second carrier to also check once you connect to them at a downline point.l but before destination.   Often the “doc check” is a simple show-me-your-passport type affair, but it can be more extensive and at their discretion. 

After all, anyone who may later denied entry by immigration at destination, it’s the LAST carrier who actually brought you there, who will incur any fines imposed and have to deal with the travel schedule even IF the first carrier failed to do the doc check carefully/correctly.

Most carriers subscribe to IATAs TIMATIC database and have it baked into their check-in systems so that the doc check filters through the TIMATIC database.. So, a good reference point is following TIMATIC for your specific set of variables.

1 hour ago, AlQaholic said:

https://onwardticket.com/

You can get an onward reservation in 60 secs.

Op, any doubts you may be asked for an onward flight within the 60 days then use the above site , book a flight the day before you travel from the US, book Bangkok to Phnom Penh for day 58 or 59 , costing US$14.

Edited by Andrew Dwyer

10 hours ago, RedArmy said:

No need for onward flight with a 60 day tourist Visa - Chill brother.

I had tourist visa when I traveled from USA in July on SWISS. They demanded onward flight but  fortunately I had booked trip to Cambodia and they entered all the details into their computer.