Jump to content

Noru to Arrive as Tropical Storm


webfact
 Share

Recommended Posts

image.jpeg

 

BANGKOK, (TNA) – Typhoon Noru will become a tropical storm when it arrives in Thailand on Sept 28-29, according to the Hydro-Informatics Institute.


Sutat Weesakul, director of the institute, said Noru will be a tropical storm when it enters the country and will then weaken and people must be prepared for a windstorm and flooding.

 

He said that Typhoon Noru would land in Vietnam after midnight of Sept 27 and become a tropical storm with the maximum wind speed near its eye at 100 kilometers per hour. Then the storm will pass Laos and reach the upper Northeast on the night of Sept 28-29. It should then remain as a tropical storm with the maximum wind speed near its eye at 74kph, Mr Sutat said.

 

Full story: https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-1026443

 

tnalogo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai News Agency 2022-09-28
 

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

 

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Tarteso said:

 

Thanks 'tarteso' best one Ive ever seen. Wish I knew how to make it my Desktop background!

 

Edited by tandor
Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, tandor said:

Thanks 'tarteso' best one Ive ever seen. Wish I knew how to make it my Desktop background!

 

Try searching the net for information to use an application that allows you to use any website as a wallpaper.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

This will likely finish off my already waterlogged back garden. 

 

Grass dead and dying.  Oh well.....gravel the whole lot as soon as the weather improves.

Link to post
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Denim said:

This will likely finish off my already waterlogged back garden. 

 

Grass dead and dying.  Oh well.....gravel the whole lot as soon as the weather improves.

Malaysia Grass just loves the extra water....Never dies...😊

Link to post
Share on other sites

The centre is over Laos right now (12:13), and has pretty much broken up.  Light rain and a bit of wind so far in Buriram.

image.png.ca098c2a8b2556dc662faff93c9f3d7f.png

 

 

 

Edited by ballpoint
Link to post
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, transam said:

Malaysia Grass just loves the extra water....Never dies...😊

I got Thai grass ?

 

Problem is there is a kind of weed that looks a bit like clover and is really thriving. It puts down a central root then runs tentacles everywhere blocking out the sun and the grass can't compete. 

Can't even walk on the lawn right now as it can't take my weight....so waterlogged.

 

It's raining ( again ) right now with worse to come tomorrow.

As if that wasn't bad enough the mosquito population has exploded. If you stand still out there for 10 seconds , already half a dozen will be on you trying to feed.

 

 

rain3.jpg

 

 

 

Edited by Denim
Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Denim said:

I got Thai grass ?

 

Problem is there is a kind of weed that looks a bit like clover and is really thriving. It puts down a central root then runs tentacles everywhere blocking out the sun and the grass can't compete. 

Can't even walk on the lawn right now as it can't take my weight....so waterlogged.

 

It's raining ( again ) right now with worse to come tomorrow.

As if that wasn't bad enough the mosquito population has exploded. If you stand still out there for 10 seconds , already half a dozen will be on you trying to feed.

 

 

rain3.jpg

Just took this pic of the grass that I haven't been able to cut for a week, water, you can't see it, but it is water logged like yours. 

 

I had the same grass as yours about 15 years back, it was a pain...

 

Grass.jpg.9509093dfb6ae2a9841214a40faee4b3.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, transam said:

Just took this pic of the grass that I haven't been able to cut for a week, water, you can't see it, but it is water logged like yours. 

 

I had the same grass as yours about 15 years back, it was a pain...

 

Grass.jpg.9509093dfb6ae2a9841214a40faee4b3.jpg

Yes, nice garden. Looks like there is a gradual slope to the road which helps with drainage. Our front garden is similar so no problem. But as you see, our rear garden has a low spot . 

So, I think I'll just reduce the lawn area by half over the cooler months with gravel and potted plants

  • Thumbs Up 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, transam said:

Just took this pic of the grass that I haven't been able to cut for a week, water, you can't see it, but it is water logged like yours. 

 

I had the same grass as yours about 15 years back, it was a pain...

 

Grass.jpg.9509093dfb6ae2a9841214a40faee4b3.jpg

The water level in the lake in front of your property looks dangerously high!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Denim said:

Problem is there is a kind of weed that looks a bit like clover and is really thriving.

Same here. I have found over the years that now is the time the extract those pesky roots. They pop out easily whilst it's raining. Some of the roots have been over 12" inches! My lawn is about x4 and it takes a couple of days but once on top of the problem it's good for another year. Oddly an area I had of Malaya grass hasn't survived the test of time.

Link to post
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, rbkk said:

Same here. I have found over the years that now is the time the extract those pesky roots. They pop out easily whilst it's raining. Some of the roots have been over 12" inches! My lawn is about x4 and it takes a couple of days but once on top of the problem it's good for another year. Oddly an area I had of Malaya grass hasn't survived the test of time.

Yup, that is normally how I deal with that weed but if you saw the picture I enclosed a few posts back you will see that the garden is underwater a lot so difficult to access, especially as the undersoil is clay so when you do step on the grass your foot now sinks in an inch !!

 

Yesterday our three dogs caught a harmless 1 meter long snake slithering across the unflooded part of the lawn. By the time they had finished killing it, their 12 little feed had torn up that part of the lawn into an ugly mess.

 

So ....I have run up the white flag. To hell with it. Gonna wait until the rainy season stops before I do anything out the back

 

 

Edited by Denim
spelling
Link to post
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, MJCM said:

The water level in the lake in front of your property looks dangerously high!!

The lake is being worked on, the dam gate at the other end has been lowered a bit, it is normally a bit higher than now. ....

 

This is how high it was in 2018, complete with weed washed down from up river, but it did not reach the house, about 2 feet of height to spare..........😝

 

Lake.jpg.936c98eafcf60fb4fecb5bd44b08bac4.jpg

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...