NON-ED and NON-O visa applications at vientiane

Hi, I was there last week to obtain a Non O for my Burmese wife as spouse of a retiree 1 year visa (myself Canadian). It was denied. Instead they changed the application and gave a 60 days TR type tourist visa. I would strongly suggest you call them first and enquire if they will grant the type of visa you require. Get an OK from them before you travel.

2 hours ago, Thaddee said:

Hi, I was there last week to obtain a Non O for my Burmese wife as spouse of a retiree 1 year visa (myself Canadian). It was denied. Instead they changed the application and gave a 60 days TR type tourist visa. I would strongly suggest you call them first and enquire if they will grant the type of visa you require. Get an OK from them before you travel.

what reason given?  did u have a thai marriage and other paperwork?

get her a job ( or someone willing to "hire" her) and apply for an L-A visa 9 thats what i do for  my Cambodian partner
2 year visa with wp and medical card ... only costs me 10,000 baht

2 hours ago, Thaddee said:

Did you have all of the supporting documents for the non-o visa for your wife?

See: https://vientiane.thaiembassy.org/non-o-visa/

5 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Did you have all of the supporting documents for the non-o visa for your wife?

See: https://vientiane.thaiembassy.org/non-o-visa/

Based on my reading of that link, it seems the embassy might be more restrictive than some other places in issuing Non O visas for dependants of existing visa holders. They write:

Dependent of a visa holder working or studying in Thailand

They do qualify the list of those who can apply with "including", but I suspect they might not issue a Non O for dependants of retirees. It may be necessary to find another embassy/consulate that is less restrictive.

44 minutes ago, BritTim said:

They do qualify the list of those who can apply with "including", but I suspect they might not issue a Non O for dependants of retirees. It may be necessary to find another embassy/consulate that is less restrictive.

They have issued them in the past and I don't think they have changed the info since then.