Existing Thailand Elite members with Volunteer visa history

After seeing the news/thread about Thailand Elite no longer accepting members with Volunteer visa history, I wanted to know if there's any clarification on what will happen to existing members (ie. already have their card, not expiring any time soon etc..)

I will need to get a a fresh 5 year visa affixed to my passport soon and will fly in to BKK to do it. I'm wondering if anyone has any insight on whether a volunteer visa will cause a problem in this situation?

Thanks

• Like 1

8 hours ago, smitom said:

Hi @ubonjoe

If one had a volunteer visa in 2020/21, could that result in them being refused a replacement Elite visa being affixed to their passport despite being a member of Thai Elite? I'm a little confused, sorry.

It's very unlikely. They would have to do another background check on your immigration history, but why would they bother to do that after you've already been a member?

Alas. Nobody here is going to have come across this before, so nobody will know. The only way you can find out for sure is to ask the Elite staff themselves.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, smitom said:

If one had a volunteer visa in 2020/21, could that result in them being refused a replacement Elite visa being affixed to their passport despite being a member of Thai Elite? I'm a little confused, sorry.

If you are already have a Thai Elite visa it will not be affected by having a previous non-o visa and extension of it based upon volunteer work.

• Like 2