Sizzler - still got those weekday lunch specials from a couple of years ago?

bbi1

Remember a couple of years ago Sizzler had those weekday lunch specials until 4pm (or was it 5pm). Are those still around these days? It was something like 209 baht for a grilled chicken dish those days.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, steven100 said:

I think the menu has changed in two years ..... :cheesy:

Lol yeah, I figured that, but wondering if they still do lunch specials. Asking in advanced before I arrive in Pattaya.

A restaurant which i like and had never tried until 2 years ago is MK.

Usually in a big C. Never tried that hot pot cook your own deal.

They have decent sized portions of HK style braised beef, healthy broiled chicken leg and some tasty duck options.

Normally go there after shopping. Easily feeds 3 of us for under 500 baht.

Be cautious when paying, their system is a bit weird. Keep track of table reciepts.

23 hours ago, bbi1 said:

Lol yeah, I figured that, but wondering if they still do lunch specials. Asking in advanced before I arrive in Pattaya.

The special lunch prices run Monday to Friday  I think 11-3 Pm.....

You can have the salad bar for under 200 baht....You also have the choice of 3 meals for a bit more....

Edited by redwood1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

I learned this early on after paying too much for very poor meat dishes.

Can't fault the salad bar though.

They put a horrid seasoning on their meat and fish dishes; seems I am not the only one who dislikes it. Santa Fe do the same (same franchise owner?).

• Like 1

On 10/3/2022 at 9:27 AM, steven100 said:

I think from memory ... they have a  Baht 259  special going now. 

You're correct. Just went there today and it's 259 baht now, up from 209 baht from a couple of years ago. Inflation is hitting hard.

Looking at the poster on the window, quick glance only, it looks like the salad bar is only 139 baht. If this is the case, better save that 110 baht and use that on another meal somewhere else.

Edited by bbi1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, bbi1 said:

You're correct. Just went there today and it's 259 baht now, up from 209 baht from a couple of years ago. Inflation is hitting hard.

Looking at the poster on the window, quick glance only, it looks like the salad bar is only 139 baht. If this is the case, better save that 110 baht and use that on another meal somewhere else.

very bad news I'm afraid .....   I went to Sizzlers today and they SALAD BAR price has increased to 199 baht from 139 ... ....   I protested severely and even threatened to call my Lawyer .....  all to no avail 

This is very bad ...... I enjoyed Salad at 139 ..... now it's 199 baht.  

• Haha 1

On 10/4/2022 at 1:48 PM, champers said:

They put a horrid seasoning on their meat and fish dishes; seems I am not the only one who dislikes it. Santa Fe do the same (same franchise owner?).

Santa Fe ....   i went there again a few weeks ago .....  It's not so much what seasoning they use it's more the way they cook it .....     disgusting chicken ...  pre-cooked I think then thrown on a grill hot plate which is useless ......  under cooked ... red inside in some small areas.  They cook to asians ....they don't put the chicken on a grill as advertised ....    it's horrible ... imo

On 10/3/2022 at 12:05 PM, rankric said:

A restaurant which i like and had never tried until 2 years ago is MK.

Usually in a big C. Never tried that hot pot cook your own deal.

Greatest thing ever, you pay to cook your own food, feels like home doesn't it, especially when the staff sings happy birthday..../s

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, steven100 said:

Santa Fe ....   i went there again a few weeks ago .....  It's not so much what seasoning they use it's more the way they cook it .....     disgusting chicken ...  pre-cooked I think then thrown on a grill hot plate which is useless ......  under cooked ... red inside in some small areas.  They cook to asians ....they don't put the chicken on a grill as advertised ....    it's horrible ... imo

Santa Fe.....Blows......I stopped going there years ago......The prices are cheap but the portions are small, very small....I always left there feeling hungry.....

18 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

Santa Fe.....Blows......I stopped going there years ago......The prices are cheap but the portions are small, very small....I always left there feeling hungry.....

You always left feeling hungry?

So after the first time, you knew the portions were small but didn't think to order any side dishes to fill you up?

I can understand being disappointed by the size of the meat portions, as there's no simple way to double up on those (unless they have a combo deal...), but the carbs and salads are all available as extras.

1 hour ago, JayClay said:

You always left feeling hungry?

So after the first time, you knew the portions were small but didn't think to order any side dishes to fill you up?

I can understand being disappointed by the size of the meat portions, as there's no simple way to double up on those (unless they have a combo deal...), but the carbs and salads are all available as extras.

Sir I had a even better solution.....And that was to quit going to Santa-Fe......Have not been back for at least 10 years now....

It was....Goodbye Santa-Fe, hello Sizzler salad bar.....

Edited by redwood1

11 hours ago, steven100 said:

very bad news I'm afraid .....   I went to Sizzlers today and they SALAD BAR price has increased to 199 baht from 139 ... ....   I protested severely and even threatened to call my Lawyer .....  all to no avail 

This is very bad ...... I enjoyed Salad at 139 ..... now it's 199 baht.  

was there Monday, still 139 THb for salat buffet that time, but over the year less options at the buffet the plates getting smaller and smaller ???? 

agree main dishes not special, but still very popular among locals

10 minutes ago, MrJ said:

was there Monday, still 139 THb for salat buffet that time, but over the year less options at the buffet the plates getting smaller and smaller ???? 

Eating rat and snake curry is popular amongst the locals near me..........doesn't make it good.

9 minutes ago, MrJ said:

hmm .....  maybe they just put the price up at certain places ..... I'm talking Bangkok ..... bit strange, because they print new menus and everything.   I still don't mind 199 for the Salad bar provided it's a good variety. 

I did see Wednesday promo is 349 baht for pork neck, grill chicken or fish which all includes the Salad bar. 

11 hours ago, steven100 said:

hmm .....  maybe they just put the price up at certain places ..... I'm talking Bangkok ..... bit strange, because they print new menus and everything.   I still don't mind 199 for the Salad bar provided it's a good variety. 

I did see Wednesday promo is 349 baht for pork neck, grill chicken or fish which all includes the Salad bar. 

Must be BKK thing. Can confirm salad bar is 139 baht, as I just had it today. Promotion poster on window shows 199 baht on top right in small writing crossed and 139 baht in big letters as the price.

• Thanks 1

On 10/7/2022 at 8:23 AM, MrJ said:

Went a few weeks ago on a Saturday. Recall the sign saying 139 weekdays and 199 weekends. They lose money on my wife at either price

Edited by bang saen guy
  • Haha 1

Even sitting in sizzler, its often hard to sort through the specials and promotions and the general menu. They hand you a pile of menus and promotions (bigger than my marriage visa application). After 5 minutes of trying to work out what's included, what's not, what time is it, what day of the week it is, I usually just panic and point at something, that may or may not include the salad bar