my favourite hotel does not have internet anymore

parafareno

When I'm O&A, if no or slow, I just 'hotspot' phone to laptop.  Since I rarely use my phone for internet, start the month with 10gb + 10gb from previous month. Really hard for me to use 20gb when O&A.

42 minutes ago, parafareno said:

i always stayed in this small hotel in on nut and they just told me they dont have internet anymore because of past covid issues. 

So I cant check in. Is there a quick solution? 

I cant believe how they stopped having internet altogether. 

i see they gave you the old its not you its me line eh....

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

No customers to pay the bills?  Many/most hotels have be closed for more than 2 years here.  And those that have operated were doing on a shoestring.  Some are getting customers now but mostly at low domestic rates and plane loads of tourists will take time to return to anything like before.

Internet is cheap

I had wifi in Beung Kan

How could Bangkok be less busy?

The hotel is a joke if no wifi

Edited by Sparktrader

45 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Internet is cheap

I had wifi in Beung Kan

i agree. I was happy to stay there again with reduced prices of the room and now I hear no internet...lol

5 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Internet is not cheap if nobody needs it and you are going into debt.  Most Thai now use phones for internet access (and viewing).  That way they do not have to be cellar dwellers to be avid trollers.  

Ive never seen a hotel in 10 years not have wifi. Phone internet can run out.

You go broke by not providing customer services. They just lost 1 and will lose more.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

Ive never seen a hotel in 10 years not have wifi. Phone internet can run out.

You go broke by not providing customer services. They just lost 1 and will lose more.

They are probably nearly broke anyway. Things have been very hard for hospitality in Thailand and a brief walk around some tourist areas show 100's of shuttered shops.  At times during Covid there were 100's of people queieing for food. There has only really  been government assistance for larger businesses. Why dont you get a sim. 200 baht unlimited for a month?

• Like 1

Having your own dedicated access to the internet is a must anywhere now. Reliance on WIFI is a begpacker type request. Sorry to say but there's zero upside to sharing WIFI, security issues, lack of portability, shoddy connections. If i was a hotel i'd get rid of it too. Its over.

• Like 1
  • Love It 1

it was a great little place near bts where I always stayed....it was a company that offered that internet for over a decade...very fast..you buy month ticket and you get internet very fast....RIP my hotel..they said they dont know when they will get internet back

7 hours ago, parafareno said:

it was a great little place near bts where I always stayed....it was a company that offered that internet for over a decade...very fast..you buy month ticket and you get internet very fast....RIP my hotel..they said they dont know when they will get internet back

What hotel? Send a pm

On 10/3/2022 at 4:32 PM, lopburi3 said:

No customers to pay the bills?  Many/most hotels have be closed for more than 2 years here.  And those that have operated were doing on a shoestring.  Some are getting customers now but mostly at low domestic rates and plane loads of tourists will take time to return to anything like before.

Sure but hotel owners need to prioritize what services are critical to getting customers. It's called identiying 'Critical Success Factors' and ensuring they re getting enough attention.

Nowadays very few customers will book a hotel which doesn't have internet. Reality.

comparison could be the 'ice machine on level 3 is broken', that's not critical, and if necessary guests can order an ice bucket from room service. There's a workable easy alternative.

Edited by scorecard

Why  not connect your phone with your laptop via WiFi?

You are using your phone as a modem...

5 minutes ago, parafareno said:

do they sell modems?  1000bht per month for unlimited is cheap

Edited by markus
  • Like 1

On 10/3/2022 at 4:39 PM, Sparktrader said:

Internet is cheap

I had wifi in Beung Kan

Was your WiFi for a single router and what did it cost?

I have no idea of the cost of WiFi to cover even a small hotel but it will be a lot higher than for a single house. In addition the contract is usually for a year at a time.

Just the cost of a single installation is expensive, though cheaper if you are Thai.

13 hours ago, rankric said:

Having your own dedicated access to the internet is a must anywhere now. Reliance on WIFI is a begpacker type request. Sorry to say but there's zero upside to sharing WIFI, security issues, lack of portability, shoddy connections. If i was a hotel i'd get rid of it too. Its over.

When you fly into a different country... i.e. UAE, Singapore, Malaysia etc...  Do you always buy a local SIM to use for internet ????

I must admit, its something I do if I’m going to spend any amount of time there (i.e. a week etc).. but not a lot of people do.

3 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

My internet is 600 a month. That's 20 baht a day. If you think that isn't cheap then I wonder what kind of life you lead.

Mine is 630 a month.

Neither of us has an internet connection as found in a hotel with multiple rooms and guests who must have the fastest internet.

It will depend on the number of rooms served by the internet, the number of routers required and the number of guests.

IF the hotel has been shut due to Covid the may still have to pay the yearly fee until renewal time. If they cancel and the supplier takes all his kit back, they will have to re-apply from new and that won't be cheap, even for Thais.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1