Possible to obtain vitamin b12 injection for home use?

wml22

Hello everyone, I have an autoimmune disease which required removal of part of my intestine. Unfortunately, I will probably need a vitamin b12 injection once per month for the rest of my life. It is an enormous hassle and bloated expense to do this at a hospital every time versus doing an at home self injection as is possible in many countries. Does anyone know if vitamin b12 injections can be purchased from a pharmacy in Bangkok for self-administration at home?

16 minutes ago, CanNot said:

I'm just curious why is oral b12 supplementation not an option. I take them daily because neurological reasons. 

Apparently the oral b12 is still making it down through the gi tract to get absorbed by a specialized part of the intestine which is a part that I lost to surgical removal. 

Is sublingual B12 an option? There are some B12 supplements that you place under your tongue and are absorbed directly there in your mouth. They do not need to go down through your GI system and be absorbed in your small intestine. Perhaps that might be an easier option?