Renewing Debit Card and Passbook at Bangkok Bank

1 hour ago, sikishrory said:

I'm surprised one of those ten signatures was not an amendment authorising upgrade to one of the more expensive debit cards.

Filthy bank that will stooge you at every opportunity.

The fastest easiest thing i ever did with them in 12 years was closing my account. Surprisingly 

strangely there was no mention of me paying any money for the card but i guess they will just take it from my account when they are  ready

1 hour ago, Bday Prang said:

strangely there was no mention of me paying any money for the card but i guess they will just take it from my account when they are  ready

They deduct yearly. Last time i went to update expired card they quietly upgraded me from the cheapest to the most expensive card.

They often will deny giving visa/mastercards and only give the crappy unionpay cards.

On 10/4/2022 at 6:00 AM, itsari said:

My experience with Bangkok Bank is you must go to the home branch for any new debit card .

I was there yesterday to obtain a new card and interestingly there was no charge as i kept the original pin number .

Two previous occasions i have had a new card using the  same pin cost me 100 baht .

I mentioned that to the lady saying you owe me 200 baht . Of course i just received a smirk .

I also asked for a second account . A woman came out saying foreigners can not have more than one account . 

Then a second woman came out and said yes you can have a fixed term account as well . But you have to come with a embassy letter.

I am some what confused what the embassy has to inform them on , plus why ask for more information when i have a savings account with them .

Perhaps I try Kasikorn Bank as many say they are more user friendly .

Funny you should say that cos yesterday i went into Hua Hin branch of Bangkok bank and picked up a new debit card but my account is in Pattaya. I had been to branch in Samut Prakan and they said i had to go to Pattaya. Its luck of the draw here cos they all make it up as they go along. TIT

• Thanks 1