Hua Hin to get high speed train by 2032

webfact

2 hours ago, Doctor Tom said:

I think that you may have slightly missed my point. If it was up to me, I would want to leave both Phuket and HH as quickly as possible, not get to either place.  Any form of transport that achieves that objective is good. 

Jeez! Who cares what you think about Phuket and Hua Hin. Each to their own.

5 hours ago, damo1967 said:

Another sych lovely negative person...   are you getting some attention at home?

(ps. waiting for the admins to delete me again from so many depressing people)

"deleted Again" and you've only made 31 posts do you suffer from Tourettes ? 

1 hour ago, Bday Prang said:

"deleted Again" and you've only made 31 posts do you suffer from Tourettes ? 

haha.. No I do not suffer from tourettes... but thank you for your concern... 

I have previously been 'banned' sorry.. for telling some people some home truths about themselves.. that's all..  seems you can not have freedom of speech on Aseannow haha

18 hours ago, webfact said:

Hua Hin has been confirmed as a destination for Thailand’s new high speed train project, the government has announced.

Thailand needs a high speed train station at Hua Hun, which then continues to track all the way south.

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, Nicknoodle said:

This has only been just confirmed? Sure? So why from Bangkok to Hua Hin are there new tracks and most stations are being rebuilt and many bridges built over the railway lines in Hua Hin?? Surely the plans have been in place for years. 

The twin track project and the high-speed project are two different things.

Oh look, another high-speed train announcement. Is it just me, or do they just seem to keep pushing the dates forward without actually getting any work done?

Meanwhile Laos, of all places and despite the sad state of the economy there, already HAS their first high-speed rail line. I plan to ride it in December. THIS year.

8 hours ago, damo1967 said:

haha.. No I do not suffer from tourettes... but thank you for your concern... 

I have previously been 'banned' sorry.. for telling some people some home truths about themselves.. that's all..  seems you can not have freedom of speech on Aseannow haha

I know exactly what you mean

• Like 1

17 hours ago, arithai12 said:

More accurately, China has a "high speed" (so to speak) train in Laos. Huge difference.

A good point. But, in this day and age you do what you can, if you want the nation to advance. If Thailand cannot afford to build a high speed alternative to the congested and dangerous highways here, it should seek help elsewhere. Japan might be willing to help, with far more advantageous, and less perilous terms.

On 10/5/2022 at 2:39 PM, Stocky said:

Let's not put the cart before the horse! Thailand desperately needs a modern twin track railway line from Bangkok to the Malaysian border. The line from Singapore to Padang Basar is now twin track with overhead electrics. North of the border it's still the original 1920 single track with passing points and diesel. Some 10% of Thailand's trade is with Malaysia, most of that currently goes by road.

There  is a fair bit of work done thru to  Chomphon but there are gaps also. Lots of cement for new stations, staff housing, platforms and overpasses.Many workers are Burmese.

A long way to go still.

• Like 1