Hua Hin to get high speed train by 2032

webfact

2 hours ago, Stocky said:

Let's not put the cart 

I'd like to see TH manage 1 full year without a derailment.  That alone would be an accomplishment.  Had 1 just this week, and of course, that was the fault of the rain ...

... or did the brakes fail

... maybe micro-sleep

... dog ran out in front of me, was always my favorite ????

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Doctor Tom said:

In that case, which I agree with, they need to extend the service to Phuket, which is also a s.... hole 

Since no trains go to Phuket now, I wouldn't hold my breath.  Phuket has easy airport access, Hua Hin does not, and present trains, even when new faster service starts up soon, isn't much of an advantage, time wise, over driving from Krung Thep.  Unless you have no need for a car once there.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Since no trains go to Phuket now, I wouldn't hold my breath.  Phuket has easy airport access, Hua Hin does not, and present trains, even when new faster service starts up soon, isn't much of an advantage, time wise, over driving from Krung Thep.  Unless you have no need for a car once there.

I think that you may have slightly missed my point. If it was up to me, I would want to leave both Phuket and HH as quickly as possible, not get to either place.  Any form of transport that achieves that objective is good. 

1 hour ago, jaiyen said:

Thailand cant even manage a low speed train service ! Got no chance of this ever happening.

Another sych lovely negative person...   are you getting some attention at home?

(ps. waiting for the admins to delete me again from so many depressing people)

• Thumbs Up 1

Hua Hin to get high speed train by 2032

10 years before start of operation?

It took 7 years to complete what was regarded in its day as the UK's first "high speed railway" between Liverpool and Manchester (1823 - 1830)!!!

A large crowd standing in a deep railway cutting. On the railway tracks are three elaborately decorated carriages and a number of small locomotives.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opening_of_the_Liverpool_and_Manchester_Railway#:~:text=Within ten years%2C 1%2C775 miles,10%2C000 km) were in place.

• Like 1