Police BMW almost covered in flood water in Chiang Mai

webfact

My Credit card provides me with two free recovery services per year.

The’ll come within the hour and put the vehicle on the flatbet and take it to whichever garage you want (within reason of courses)...  

I’ve used it 3x in the past - for a motorcycle and car. 

------

Are we to believe that once the flood waters were encroaching and everyone was moving their cars the brilliant minds at the police station didn’t consider calling the recovery service to move their car ????......  Question is rhetorical of course... :whistling:  but this shows us exactly how lazy they are. 

• Like 1

The 'broken down' and can't be afforded to fix excuse seems fishy

most of the newer police vehicle is rented/leased for much more than the owning outright cost of the vehicle, servicing and repairs are the responsibility of the lease company, 

6 minutes ago, Tarteso said:

Like a BMW over troubled waters

A2F7E328-5D4E-44FC-AA49-25222CCD95BB.gif

I do wish that me mes didn't exist .

I have spent way to much of my life watching people in slow motion mouthing words .

Some other sites and it seems to be a constant flow of me mes with me mes of people making facial expressions 

Its dumb

18 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

I have spent way to much of my life watching people in slow motion mouthing words .

Some other sites and it seems to be a constant flow of me mes with me mes of people making facial expressions 

Its dumb

Sorry for your feeling.

10 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

Unbelievable, the Thai police in BMWs; just wondering who authorized this expense of survival importance. But yeah, those without anything in their undies drive such cars, if paid for by the tax payer it seems ???? 

Is that reference to the size of policemans penises ?

The Police really need to have decent fast cars , otherwise criminals will out run them and get away 

2 hours ago, Yorkshire Tea said:

I wonder if they had insurance.

A government vehicle, they would have been self insured which isn't quite the same....taxpayers will be buying a new one as that one is now totaled.....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Its dumb

Maybe you're too young to know, but that is a GIF of Art Garfunkel who wrote and performed the song "Bridge over Troubled Water" together with Paul Simon, released in 1970.

11 minutes ago, jchfriis said:

Maybe you're too young to know, but that is a GIF of Art Garfunkel who wrote and performed the song "Bridge over Troubled Water" together with Paul Simon, released in 1970.

I wasn't commenting on the content .

Some other places like Facebook and you get numerous posts of me mes of people pulling faces or saying things in slow motion and I just find it a bit strange lip reading endless  me mes of people saying things in slow motion 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, webfact said:

It was a BMW that could not be moved like other private and state vehicles because it was broken down

18 hours ago, webfact said:

It needed 100,000 baht's worth of repairs and had to be left to the flood waters that nearly covered its roof.

Probably just a head-light sensor broken...
beamers are pricey for spare parts.

GF says that BMW or other high-end 'Police' vehicles are usually purchased privately by the officer who then adds the livery himself.  Of course these officers are on the take, otherwise how could someone on 15k baht a month afford a 2+ million baht car...

If this is the 2 liter turbodiesel engine, likely the plastic timing chain tensioner/guide cracked.   Huge problem with these cars.  I really wanted one when I first got here as I've always wanted a BMW and this tidy little efficient engine was never offered in the USA.  Then found out about this issue.  BMW has never really addressed the problem that I've heard, but I could stand corrected if someone else knows more.   It is easily many tens of thousands of baht to have the tensioner replaced, I believe it's engine-out job.   If you don't change it, the interference valves will smash into the cylinders and then you need a full head re-build, which I would guess could be done here for about 100k baht, so maybe that's what happened to this vehicle.