Newbie to Samui

Hi to Ko Samui residents 

I'm not new to Thailand but will soon be new to Ko Samui.  I have a few questions and hopefully, you may be able to offer some advice.

Buying a Honda Click  - Any suggestions where on the island or better to buy at Surat Thani

Accommodation - Bophut area ish.   Budget 5k - We are two people and wondering what we might get for that - Ideally a separate bedroom and a living room come kitchen.  I like a coffee on my balcony or in a shared garden  I know vague but ...

Any negatives about Ko Samui that you might care to mention - Can DM if you prefer.

Immigration - I'm on my first Retirement Visa.  How is Samui IO? -  Can DM if you prefer.

• 1 month later...

It's a shame that OPs on such threads rarely, if ever, post again to let us know how they got on and if the advice was helpful.

If posters are prepared to give their time and advice for free it would be good manners to give an update.

At least the OP on this thread did say thank you, but even that is rare.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/20/2022 at 10:17 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

It's a shame that OPs on such threads rarely, if ever, post again to let us know how they got on and if the advice was helpful.

If posters are prepared to give their time and advice for free it would be good manners to give an update.

At least the OP on this thread did say thank you, but even that is rare.

2 months exactly since OP posted and nothing. I rest my case.

• Like 2

On 12/5/2022 at 5:21 PM, Finlaco said:

@thaibeachlovers it's sweet that you take such an interest in my life, thanks and kinda scary at the same time.

I use DM to communicate my thanks etc to the contributors above. 

Is that "PM"?

It's a public forum and people that take the time to read posts do so because they are interested. It's polite to get back and let those that did read the thread know what happened.

Anyway, it was more a general comment about the many posters that ask for advice and never get back, not just yourself.

• Like 2