Pfizer shots - where?

Na Fan

Unfortunately Thailand does not appear to be in any hurry to get the new Moderna or Pfizer vaccines.  Maybe sometime next year.

I know the local Bangkok hospital here in Ratchaburi and the government hospitals here were trying to get people in for vaccinations in July because they had lots of vials that were expiring that month.  They ended up throwing a bunch away.  This was for Moderna.

Moderna suppose to give longer protection. 
Thats why its short in thailand. Who has a chance to book it in advance does it and waits several months for getting a jab. 
But the upgraded version of moderna, generation 2, just only now started to be distributed in the usa, uk. 
it won't be available in thailand for sometimes. 

vaxes, that including pfizer, are available in every single governmental hospital. 
At my local one i was able to book it online. But walk in is also available. When i pass this vaccination department sometimes there are no waiting line. Just fill up simple 1 page form. 

Edited by onthedarkside
quote of hidden post removed

5 hours ago, rwill said:

Unfortunately Thailand does not appear to be in any hurry to get the new Moderna or Pfizer vaccines.  Maybe sometime next year.

I know the local Bangkok hospital here in Ratchaburi and the government hospitals here were trying to get people in for vaccinations in July because they had lots of vials that were expiring that month.  They ended up throwing a bunch away.  This was for Moderna.

Moderna 2nd generation just started to be available in the usa. The thai government has ordered it already the last uear and the first batches suppose to be coming already from the beginning of uear. But there was delay in research and production. 

the other vaxes, no  mrna, are suppose to be easier tweecked to new strains, but i dont know if they bother to do those upgrades. I dont follow it now that closely. 

shame that moderna was wasted, because at the very same time it was not available at my hospital. The ministry should coordinate distribution and shift expiring stock to the other provinces. 
I remember the last year some expiring vaxes were extended to be distributed beyond date. The manufacturer gave permission based on new research

Edited by onthedarkside
misinfo claim removed

10 hours ago, internationalism said:

pfizer is everywhere.

it's moderna, which is short

Plenty of Moderna about. Yesterday I had my 4th jab which was Moderna. This was free as it was part of a 4000 dose donation given to THG Chumphon on behalf of the King 9. This was to thank all people in the Kingdom for remembering him and making merit in his memory and other donations have been made country wide.

Right now, Thailand is still using the original versions of the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines... and there are still a lot of Thais (and clearly some farangs too) who haven't been fully vaccinated against the prior variants yet.

The newer 2nd gen versions of Pfizer and Moderna are supposed to become available here sometime into next year. The government supposedly has put in their orders....  I'm guessing they'll continue using the original versions until the new versions arrive.

But like with the original vaccine rollout, the new vaccines (in this case the 2nd gen ones) only end up showing up here some months after they become available in more prominent places like the U.S. and U.K.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK

Several private hospitals offer free vaccines to foreigners.  I have been vaccinated at Bangkok Hospital in Hua Hin three times.  I expect to get an email from them this month re a fourth injection.  VAX with Pfizer.

Terry