Meeting a privately hired Taxi-Meter at Suvarnabhumi Airport?

OneMoreFarang

My gf hires from time to time an ordinary Bangkok Taxi-Meter. Until now he picked her up at our home in Sukhumvit.

In maybe a week her niece arrives at Suvarnabhumi Airport and she wants that this taxi driver, who knows her village address already, will pick her up at the airport. Is that a problem?

I ask because I read about problems with taxi drivers and other hired drivers like i.e. Grab. This is why I wonder if maybe the other taxi drivers, who maybe wait in the airport que for an hour, will try to make any trouble.

What is your experience?

And what is the best place to meet a privately hired taxi at Suvarnabhumi Airport?

My experience only here. My driver gets my call and my driver shows up a few minutes later at gate 3 (the meeting area) The driver has to know where to hold up while waiting for the call. That's the tricky part.

I'm sure more experienced will have different info but this is how I've done it many times over the years.

Edited by EVENKEEL
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

My experience only here. My driver gets my call and my driver shows up a few minutes later at gate 3 (the meeting area) The driver has to know where to hold up while waiting for the call. That's the tricky part.

I'm sure more experienced will have different info but this is how I've done it many times over the years.

This is how I do it. Just wait at Gate 4 arrivals drop-off area after giving the call. Normally I give the call once I have my bag and by the time I get to Gate 4 there could be at most a 10 minute wait.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, sometimewoodworker said:

I have been met many times by a taxi, who’s driver is a family friend, at the airport.

All the suggestions of meeting at Gates pose serious risks for the driver, he may get lucky or have an expensive problem.

Our driver always parks in the car park and we meet in the airport then go to his taxi. The driver usually gets there early, as much as an hour or two, we never have to wait.

That sounds like a sensible idea without any risks. Thanks