Netizens call for active shooter training in all Thai schools following NE massacre

webfact

37 minutes ago, transam said:

With the number of guns out there on the streets, and the rarity of an incidence like this, it sounds a bit OTT.

It will mean guns at schools, more guns to be stolen.....????

You might be surprised, gun-related deaths per capita in Thailand is higher than in the US.

Edited by Morakot
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cat Boy said:

Cut to the chase, and just get rid of the guns. Australia and countless other countries did it and have all but eliminate these senseless mass killings of innocents. America did, and hasn't, and look what an ongoing travesty of lawlessness that country has become. 

Ok take away all guns and then have fun trying to defend yourself when someone comes and kills 20 sleeping kids with a knife. The police can't even get the scene of these incidents fast enough so what are you going to do?

• Thumbs Up 1

Well at least the American haters found a place to live such as Thailand. 
Maybe the LOS thing should be changed to:  If you hate your own country can’t afford to live there, have no health insurance, and barebones income.  Come to Thailand 

Where is the call to reform or defund the RTP or to screen the cop candidates? ????????‍♂️

I am absolutely opposed to the lunatic idea of defunding the police but I'm beginning to think may be and just may be Thailand may be the exception where the country might be better off without it.

Edited by worldexpress

I think some have misunderstood due to a poorly constructed headline, as I did until I read the article. The idea is what to do if there is an armed intruder, not to arm anyone within the school. Lock the door, hide. Not that that would help much as the gunman, as I believe happened in this case, could just shoot the lock off.

4 hours ago, 4MyEgo said:

How about a psychological evaluation on the entire police and army forces, that would be a start, ooops, forgot where I was.

The Last Thing You Should Do with a Brown Paper Lunch Bag | Kitchn

There would still be people who get through. One example that comes to mind is the German pilot who deliberately flew his plane into a mountain. Those who do get through the checks and profiling would likely be few, but then so are mass shootings. In Thailand, anyway.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Digitalbanana said:

Active shooter training of 2 year old kindergarten kids in rural Thailand ain't going to happen.

The babies were in bed for afternoon nap … How do you stop murdering scum … You can’t unless you bullet proof and build a box around schools .. That won’t happen .. What’s the answer ? .. Ask USA 

2 hours ago, NorthernRyland said:

Ok take away all guns and then have fun trying to defend yourself when someone comes and kills 20 sleeping kids with a knife. The police can't even get the scene of these incidents fast enough so what are you going to do?

Shoot him and spend my next 263 years in a Thai prison?

Not likely????????

Reform and training in a number of areas is needed but unless you reform and enforce the legal system its worthless. This guy and many other offenders have a history of violent behavior and are known to the community yet they continue to walk free in society. Proper bail release guidelines need to be established along with speedy trials and proper sentencing. Stop the transfers to inactive posts after charges are brought and review and reform of the court judicial appointments. Without the backbone of the legal system operating properly then the incidents like this will continue as it has forever here.

Certainly proper screening of police and govt positions would help. Crack down on illegal drugs at the top and not just low level couriers and smugglers. Enforce laws across the board to break the chain of thoughtless violations and lack of accountability.  Better education of the youth about laws, penalties and corruption. 

Too many issues are stacked against reform and correction in the short term and will take decades to change the mentality of the masses here.  

7 hours ago, Morakot said:

You might be surprised, gun-related deaths per capita in Thailand is higher than in the US.

Where are you getting your statistics?

I just checked at  https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/gun-deaths-by-country   

And I do NOT see the same thing.  I'm seeing 10,95 deaths per 100K people for the USA, vs. 3.91 deaths for Thailand.  Thailand is the 3rd lowest country out of the 50 or so shown in the graph.  

On the negatives for Thailand, I read elsewhere recently that Thailand shows about 15 firearms per 100 people vs. 120 firearms per 100 people in the USA.  But Thailand apparently has one of the highest rates of firearms/person in Asia.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

Why aren't netcitizens calling for gun, drug and mental health reform. 

Address the problems, not the symptoms of the problems.

Exactly.

Otherwise you get a kind of arms race, leading to metal detectors at the doors of every school, which doesn't do anything for children's feelings of innocence, freedom or, eventually, perceptions of their own society.

• Like 2