Abdominal Discomfort

jbaldwin

I have been having discomfort in my lower left abdomen, which seems to improve or disappear when if a pass wind.

I am 57 am have never had a colonoscopy so I guess I should get that done.  Any other recommendations?

I am in Pattaya but can travel to Bangkok if there are better options there.

I have had a couple of colonoscopies here in Thailand at Bangkok Phuket Hospital and have had absolutely no problem whatsoever with the treatment or the hospital care, so go ahead and book an appointment somewhere close to you, and rest easy it's a simple and non-painful procedure.

• Like 2

Same issue here, not a pain but a kind of constant internal ache a couple of inches inside, just below the corner of the pelvis, some days stronger than others. Seen several doctors here and in UK - lots of prodding and an ultrasound scan - they do not have a clue what it is nor any reasonable suggestions. Absolute shower, the lot of them.

Didn't get round to a colonoscopy. It's been there over 14 years so I assume it won't kill me and I've got used to it. If you do have colonoscopy let us know how you get on, or whatever you find out about it. 

• Like 1

As you say, having never had a colonoscopy and being over 50, you are overdue for one regardless so a reasonable way to proceed.

How regular are your bowel movements? Since the pain is relieved by passing gas, the gas may well be the cause of the pain, and constipation is a common cause of excessive gas. If so dietary changes may help.

But get the colonoscopy regardless, you are overdue. I suggest you contact Gavin Waddell at Phyathai Sri Racha for advise on doctor and cost estimate etc

Tel: 0 3831 7333

Email: [email protected]

If Gavin is no longer there, then book directly with https://www.phyathai-sriracha.com/doctor/gi/พญ-พรจุฑา-พันธนะอังกูร/

17 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

As you say, having never had a colonoscopy and being over 50, you are overdue for one regardless so a reasonable way to proceed.

How regular are your bowel movements? Since the pain is relieved by passing gas, the gas may well be the cause of the pain, and constipation is a common cause of excessive gas. If so dietary changes may help.

But get the colonoscopy regardless, you are overdue. I suggest you contact Gavin Waddell at Phyathai Sri Racha for advise on doctor and cost estimate etc

Tel: 0 3831 7333

Email: [email protected]

If Gavin is no longer there, then book directly with https://www.phyathai-sriracha.com/doctor/gi/พญ-พรจุฑา-พันธนะอังกูร/

He is still there, i saw him post on Facebook a couple days ago

• Thanks 1