Thai Immigration office in Bangkok to apply for a Non-O visa

• 2 weeks later...

I have my appointment to change my visa on arrival to a Non-O visa next week. I guess just need to bring my visa and bank book showing I have 800,000 baht in my Bangkok Bank account. Do I also need a letter or printed statement from the bank or anything else?

Thanks again for all the help. 

1 hour ago, ThoMichael said:

I have my appointment to change my visa on arrival to a Non-O visa next week. I guess just need to bring my visa and bank book showing I have 800,000 baht in my Bangkok Bank account. Do I also need a letter or printed statement from the bank or anything else?

Requirements for a non-o visa is here. https://www.immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/9.FOR-RETIREMENT-PURPOSES-50-YEARS-OLD-NON-O.pdf

I assume you actually have visa exempt entry not a visa on arrival.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Requirements for a non-o visa is here. https://www.immigration.go.th/wp-content/uploads/2022/02/9.FOR-RETIREMENT-PURPOSES-50-YEARS-OLD-NON-O.pdf

I assume you actually have visa exempt entry not a visa on arrival.

Oh, yes, 45 day visa exempt entry. I will get another 30 day extension before I go for the Non-O. I should have found this page before asking, but good to know I have now the correct info now. Thanks again Ubonjoe!

I just noticed something I don't think I have. It says "The applicant who comes to contact must show the notification of residence in accordance with Section 38 and present the accommodation notification."

I don't think the people at the hotel where I am staying did this. I guess this is needed?

I just have a receipt for one months rent.

Edited by ThoMichael

48 minutes ago, ThoMichael said:

I just noticed something I don't think I have. It says "The applicant who comes to contact must show the notification of residence in accordance with Section 38 and present the accommodation notification."

I don't think the people at the hotel where I am staying did this. I guess this is needed?

I just have a receipt for one months rent.

My appointment with Thai Immigration is tomorrow to change from visa exempt entry to a Non-O visa. Is it possible for me to do the TM30 at Thai Immigration myself, before I apply for my Non-O visa?

And if it is possible, what documents do documents do I need from the Thai hotel owner?

Thanks for any help.

My feedback :

I entered on visa exemption this week and went to Chaengwattana today (appointment on line).

I will get my visa stamped on my passport on november 28th (it takes 18 days fro me) :
I gave them all what they required, among :

* a revenue statement from my embassy.

* copy of TM30

* copy of AirBnb receipt for the next 30 days

* copy of the main page of my passport along wih copy of my entry stamp.

They mae a copy for me of revenue statement, stamped it and said I could use it again when I will ask later for an annual extension.

I think I forget nothing.

I came with my previous passport and therefore they asked for a copy of pages since 2019 when I had my first Non-O visa. Happily I had made these copies just in case. If I had not shownn that old passport, probably they wouldn't have asked for it. Normally french authorities now keep old passport, unless you still have a valid visa on it.

With an appointment everything was done within 30 minutes.

The BTS now goes almost to Chaengwattana, which is very convenient.

In 2020 BTS line stopped at Kasetsart N13, now I can get off at Wat Phra Sri Mahathat N17, which is much closer to Chaengwattana, and even goes farther.

Thanks to all for information and advices provided, Ubon Joe and Dr Jack54 among them.

• 2 weeks later...

I got my Non-O visa today. Thanks for all the help!

The girl that gave me my visa said to apply for my one year extension 45 days before my new Non-O visa expires. But I guess what she was meaning, was not more than 45 days before my visa expires? 

I had my 800k in a Thai bank since October 18th

My Non-O visa will expire on February 11th

I plan to apply for my one year extension on December 29th

I would rather not wait until 2023, because I fear they might change some rules in 2023 to get the extension, that could maybe cause me a problem. I heard they sometimes change rules in the new year, without warning?

Edited by ThoMichael

On 11/10/2022 at 11:38 PM, daejung said:

By the way, they told me an appointment was not needed on 28th to get my visa stamped on my passport.

I guess therefore therefore will be no queue... but I wonder

Got my stamp this week, allocated a separate queue number for this, only one person was in front of me. 

• Thanks 1

On 11/26/2022 at 12:58 AM, lamyai3 said:

Got my stamp this week, allocated a separate queue number for this, only one person was in front of me. 

I got my stamp this morning. according to the ticket there was only one person in the queue but I waited one hour.

I remember that for previous times, they gave me a slip with the date for 90 days notification.

This time I got nothing.

Does it start from my entry in Thailand (nov th), from the beginning of my Non-O visa (nov 14th) or from the day I got my passport stamped with my new visa (Nov 28th ) ?

Edited by daejung

On 11/28/2022 at 1:55 PM, daejung said:

I got my stamp this morning. according to the ticket there was only one person in the queue but I waited one hour.

I remember that for previous times, they gave me a slip with the date for 90 days notification.

This time I got nothing.

Does it start from my entry in Thailand (nov th), from the beginning of my Non-O visa (nov 14th) or from the day I got my passport stamped with my new visa (Nov 28th ) ?

Your 90 day notification would not fall due until later in January if you entered in November. It's counted from the date you last entered the country, or 90 days on from the last report. I do mine 15 days early by mail, so it comes around every 2½ months. 

On 11/29/2022 at 9:47 PM, lamyai3 said:

Your 90 day notification would not fall due until later in January if you entered in November. It's counted from the date you last entered the country, or 90 days on from the last report. I do mine 15 days early by mail, so it comes around every 2½ months. 

Thanks

They saw me on november 9th and 28th but I understand that doesn't count, unfortunately.

1st notication cannot be done online. Is it the 1st notification ever, or the 1st notification for each new extension in the future?

9 minutes ago, daejung said:

1st notication cannot be done online. Is it the 1st notification ever, or the 1st notification for each new extension in the future?

The first report you ever did. A extension application does not change it.