Thailand Has 50:50 Chance Of Procuring F-35 Fighters: Air Force Chief

webfact

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

Wonder who gets the call sign 'Maverlick' ? 

I'm sure "iceman" won't be quite as popular, but you never know, meth tendrils stretch farther in Kalaland than anyone wants to think about. 

Fun fact: US Navy pilot Callsigns are almost always bestowed as a humiliating reminder of a bad screw-up or disciplinary issue in training or on early active duty. 

The callsign however, must be approved by the C/O and then it's with them for their Navy life. 

and china would have all the specs on them within th first month, Thailand cannot be trusted to not let china get at them and the US knows this fact, it is fanciful thinking at best, much better chance of Thailand finding rocking horse s**t

• Thumbs Up 1

A 50 :50 chance of procuring an F-35! I doubt very much that the US will donate a used plane to add to their "new" fleet of used and donated trains and buses. Thailand can always ask for one without an engine to complement the engine less submarine.

50:50 chance to procure, 0% chance to be able to fly it.

7 hours ago, webfact said:

50:50 chance of procuring a couple of US-made F-35A Lightning II stealth fighters,

America, if you are reading this, get me a Thai citizenship where I can also keep my American citizenship!!!!  Put this in the contract, or 50:50 goes to NO.

OK, I'll take 10 million baht to help negotiate with a couple Kraps and Kap Kap Kap.

Work Permit included, of course.

USA, USA......   Get mad other countries, Thailand doesn't want your paper airplanes!!!!!  lol

4 hours ago, ezzra said:

And i have a 50/50 chance of marrying miss universe, and why the Thai pilots don't train in the US as common sense dictate, also, with all due respect, do you think Thai pilots are good enough to fly such advanced machines i wonder?...

they should stick to Air Buses. have you seen the way the drive?

Edited by malibukid
  • Haha 1

They are looking to spend money Thailand does not have, and cannot afford, on a jet the US Air Force itself has labeled a failure. 

To say the F-35 has failed to deliver on its goals would be an understatement, it's mission capable rate is 69 percent, below the 80 percent benchmark set by the military. Just 36 percent of the F-35 fleet is available for dispatch, well below the required 50 percent standard. Problems include faster-than-expected engine wear, transparency delamination of the cockpit, and unspecified issues with the F-35’s power module. Former Air Force pilots have not been kind in their recent evaluations of the aircraft’s performance and capabilities.

https://www.extremetech.com/extreme/320295-the-us-air-force-quietly-admits-the-f-35-is-a-failure#:~:text=The Air Force has announced,of staff General Charles Q.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/8/2022 at 10:51 AM, hotchilli said:

Spend the money more wisely on flood prevention... 

THAILAND DOES NOT NEED SUBMARINES OR F-35s

They should try to get lessons on flying the F-35. Don't buy the planes, just pay for lessons. Of course, insurance would be very $$$.  But no  worries about technology transfer, unless they land in China.