Just tested positive

NewGuy

My wife and are feel fine although chest colds are coming on. We’ve had 4 covid shots and just had the annual flu shots. I did a home covid test a week ago - negative. Just now I tested both of us, both positive. So we will isolate. The test came at a bad time. I am scheduled to go to Jomtien’s Soi 5 Immigration on the afternoon of Oct 12 to have them stamp my renewed marriage visa in my passport. What to do? 

One other item. The readings showed two black lines.  On-line test results always show a red line for “C” and a black line for”T”. 

Is this in the right forum?

2 hours ago, NewGuy said:

I am scheduled to go to Jomtien’s Soi 5 Immigration on the afternoon of Oct 12 to have them stamp my renewed marriage visa in my passport. What to do? 

Wear your face mask and do your best to protect others and thats about all you can do - I don’t think anyone begrudges you going to immigration, its a necessary trip. 

I suspect there are 100’s of thousands of people walking around positive without knowing - the only difference is you know and will take better precautions, thats all. 

2 hours ago, NewGuy said:

One other item. The readings showed two black lines.  On-line test results always show a red line for “C” and a black line for”T”. 

Online test results - you mean examples right ???

Positive ATK tests usually have two lines (same colour - both usually red)...  But that depends on the test itself. 

I’ve not seen an ATK (Lateral flow test) which has different coloured lines - you may be getting wires crossed there. 

T (Test) is the first line / C (Control) is the second line. 

C = Negative Valid test.

C & T = Positive Valid test

T = Invalid test

• Like 1

Just soldier on. Wear mask when you go out, everything is ok. There were times when the words "I just tested positive" were really frightening in regards to other type of virus, my initial thoughts were that you are HIV positive.

3 hours ago, NewGuy said:

We’ve worn 3M 8822s since February 2020 and have avoided, to a great extent, the joys of company (except a trip to the Ti Baan months back).

So you vaxxed, isolated, & masked

and still got covid?

Edited by onthedarkside
trolling comment removed
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, papa al said:

and still got covid?

All of which reduce chance or getting and greatly reduce chance of severe issues.  If you have believe government wants you to double mask when going out.

17 hours ago, papa al said:

and still got covid?

People still get injured and die in car accidents even though cars have airbags, they wear seatbelts and drive with care.

No vaccine or pre-caution is 100% effective.

The only thing in life that has a 100% guarantee is death itself.

I would postpone the trip to immigration until the 18th.

When I was positive I stayed in my apartment 7 days, then went out with a N95 mask and kept 5m distance from any other person (this was not in Bangkok). 

Do unto others...

Thanks to all for the positive comments and the blunt ones too - a learning phase for me. This morning my test was still positive but with a faded “T” line. My landlord came through: he took my passport and a letter authorizing his possession of the passport, google translated, to Soi 5 marriage Counter 6 and, after a higher officer gave his okay, brought me back the passport with new visa valid until Oct 11 next year. 

The trip was suggested by a visa firm, I later thanked them. If you want the name of this recommended agency, drop me a dm and I’ll tell you.

We should be okay in a few days, then it’ll be Thai food and beer (eating with the masks off) as recommended in Jingthing’s restaurants thread.

Cheers.

• Like 1

On 10/9/2022 at 12:37 PM, LosLobo said:

People still get injured and die in car accidents even though cars have airbags, they wear seatbelts and drive with care.

No vaccine or pre-caution is 100% effective.

The only thing in life that has a 100% guarantee is death itself.

More specifcally:

There are 2 aspects to the immune response triggered by immunization:

humoral immunity (antibodies) and

cell-mediated  immunity. 

The second one usually lasts longer but also takes longer to kick in. 

The COVID vaccines currently available in Thailand produce antibodies to earlier strains of COVID which have been superceded by newer strains that can elude the vaccine induced antibodies. Hence even fully vaccinated people are being infected by the new Omicron strains.

But the vaccine-induced cellular immunity remains able to contain infections and prevent serious disease.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...