Savannakhet Visa Application

In a few days time I will go to Savannakhet to obtain a multi-entry Non O visa based on marriage. I looked at the list of documents required and see that a copy of my wife's passport is on the list. The last time I was in Savannakhet I did not provide a copy of my wife's passport. That was in December 2019.  Problem is that her passport expired in 2016 and I am sure that I did not provide a copy of her expired passport then.  I have all of the other documents and required copies and can provide a copy of the expired passport. Is the passport copy a strict requirement now?

10 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Bumping your thread as no replies.

Here is old thread and the OP mentions that he provided copy of expired pp and was not an issue. 

Thanks. I will take a signed copy of my wife's expired passport anyway, even though it may not actually be required. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Additional to the clear info above...:

-) When an extension of stay is expiring on October 31st, when can you go to Savannakhet for a new Non-O-visa (based on marriage)?

-) Any chances on obtaining a 30- or 60 days extension in Bangkok?

39 minutes ago, RutNL said:

Additional to the clear info above...:

-) When an extension of stay is expiring on October 31st, when can you go to Savannakhet for a new Non-O-visa (based on marriage)?

-) Any chances on obtaining a 30- or 60 days extension in Bangkok?

If you do not have a re-entry permit your extension of stay ends on the day you leave the country. You can apply for the non-o visa at the consulate in Savannakhet,

If married to a Thai you can apply for a 60 day extension ti visit you wife. You can only for one of them per entry using a visa.

If on a non-o visa entry you cannot apply for a 30 day extension.

I had meant to test the pp copy requirement when I went in August, but I was so happy to get in the gate before they closed that morning that I forgot.  I hope you will test it and let us know.

Good Luck.  It's a great time to go. There are no crowds on most days. (The clerk told me Mondays have been crowded)  I went in on a Tuesday and picked up on Wednesday.

18 hours ago, kidneyw said:

I have just been in contact with the embassy in Vientiane about the same problem (Savannakhet did not respond). They suggested I could take a copy of my wife's driving license instead of the requested passport copy.

i have never needed a passport of driving licence for a multi non 'O' in Savannakhét, some Thais do not have either, just a signed copy of id card and house book will do 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, steve187 said:

e never needed a passport of driving licence for a multi non 'O' in Savannakhét, some Thais do not have either, just a signed copy of id card and house book will do 

It is on the list of requirements on the web page now.