Re-Entry Visa at Swampy

Heading to swamp and require a re-entry visa.

I always obtain one at my "local" immigration office but don't feel like doing the 3 hour round trip, call me lazy since they got the 90 day online renewals working properly, so I only go in once a year for the extension now, yey ????

I will be staying overnight at BKK and am wondering if I can do the re-entry visa on the day I arrive instead of the following day as I depart early in the morning and prefer to be as organised as possible, not a last minute . com type of guy.

So my question is, is there somewhere at the airport that I can get the re-entry visa after collecting my luggage and if so, where is it located, e.g. do I have to go back inside after coming out the doors after collecting my luggage ?

Thx in advance.

Edited by 4MyEgo

The re-entry permit desk is after security in immigration zone 2 before the departure immigration desks at Suvarnabhumi airport.

You need boarding pass to access this area, you cannot do one day prior.

Download TM8 form fill it, stick photo, Photocopy of PP photo page, current extension of stay.

Single reentry is 1000 baht

Multiple 3800 baht

Edited by DrJoy
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

OP, first post has you covered.

You can relax about obtaining reentry permit at airport. 

Quick easy process.

Be aware that BKK has an option of them doing the form, photo etc service fee 200baht (tip).

Personally I like to bring the form etc pre done. 

• Like 1

OP. I went through security and immigration exit at Swampy on April 9. around 6 am and told the immigration officer before he stamped me out that I needed a reentry permit. He stamped me out and then explained for me to walk through the airport to zone 2 and get my reentry permit. Once at zone 2 I was able to get the reentry permit even though I was stamped out of Thailand.
Easy and no one in line inside the small room for the reentry permits. 

5 hours ago, BritTim said:

Note that it is easy to check whether you are entering Immigration Zone 1 or Zone 2, and entering Zone 2 directly will save you a bit of time as you will not need to walk between the two after passing Immigration in Zone 1.

Think the folk that use Zone 1 have fast track due to business class or whatever.

I'm not a fan but they enter fast track and then walk to Zone 2.

Special folk.