PM orders preventive measures implemented at childcare centers; safety windows and doors to be installed

webfact

4 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It seems he received lots of that money officially because of some crazy rule when police officers do their job, they still get a huge incentive for some things. I don't remember the details, but it was something like that.

Others have questioned how does a serving officer afford over 25 luxury cars such as Lambos and Ferrari's, and a Mansion complete with the Maid. Are they on Huge Incentives to live this lifestyle that money One More Farang??

10 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I know it is hard to change. But not impossible.

It would be a great start if voters wouldn't vote again and again for the same corrupt people. Voters know they are corrupt. And they still vote for them. And if the corrupt person is banned then many voters vote for their wife or sister or child. That's stupid! 

The first step to get rid of corrupt people is to not vote for them again and again.

Doesn't matter who they vote for, does it. If the old elite isn't happy with the choice of the people they just grab power. Only the stupid don't know this.

11 hours ago, BarraMarra said:

Others have questioned how does a serving officer afford over 25 luxury cars such as Lambos and Ferrari's, and a Mansion complete with the Maid. Are they on Huge Incentives to live this lifestyle that money One More Farang??

I recall what I read in the official news. It was similar to this: Let's say a 10 million THB car was stolen. And let's say the police finds that car and gives it back to the owner. Then, as far as I remember, the police officers received for this maybe half the value of the car. I think they received it from the insurance company. I don't remember the details but according to that he made many millions doing his police job and then receiving these payments.

I don't know and don't care if those payments were responsible for half his wealth or more or less. It was substantial, many millions. 

On 10/11/2022 at 6:11 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

But then again, who will fight corruption as long as the Thai people vote again and again for the same known corrupt families? When will Thai people realize that if they want less crime then they shouldn't put criminals in charge. It shouldn't be too difficult to understand this obvious connection.

Well, it took a few days, but somebody on here finally manufactured a causal connection between the awful nursery massacre and how and who Thais vote for, in fact let's not mince our words - Thaksin!

Can't say I am surprised it is you though! Well done though,  it must have required a remarkable stretch of the imagination!

Given the prevailing political orientation of that part of the country a remarkably insensitive one as well.

Edited by herfiehandbag
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Gandtee said:

Let's hope these doors and windows allow the children and staff to get out in an emergency. We know what happens when doors are locked preventing escape.

Standard fire escape doors only open from the inside - someone trying to open the door from the outside is unable to do so.

Although this is definitely 'after the horse has bolted', at least something practical is to be implemented. One cannot eliminate all possibilities of a tragic event like this, by making the school secure, it should help to minimise the possibility.  The school doesn't need to look like a prison.  Every door except the main entrance should only be openable from the inside.  The main entrance needs to be securely locked and access only given to students and staff, no access for parents or workers etc unless accompanied at all times.

It's not rocket science...

On 10/11/2022 at 6:25 AM, bamnutsak said:

So let's turn day-care centers and schools into prisons.

Doesn't sound like a great idea.  I thought it was more of a "guns in Thailand" problem than a "childcare cetres are vulnerable to gunmen" problem.  Also, it's normally a parent, or they could wait until the kids are outside.

Seems like the suggested measure will do nothing but harm the kids.