Thai Airways office - Chiang Mai

thenewgoo

oh my how do we get tangled up in such complex matters?

I guess the big office in Bangkok would not know so no reason to call them and ask.  Best bet would be to call the Singapore office then since those people in Singapore usually have it together.

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

Brilliant website management.

Showing office with phone number.

"Number does not exist".

My guess: closed.

Airport office phone number rings.

But nobody answers it - what a disgraceful service they are providing me. Thanks for your reply.

15 minutes ago, Dante99 said:

Best bet would be to call the Singapore office then since those people in Singapore usually have it together.

And maybe their English is better :biggrin:

It's always a game of luck if you can hear them and understand them.

Ages ago in the late 90s or so it was a nightmare.

You would need a sound booster/amplifier.

• Thumbs Up 1

I booked a Thai Airways award ticket through the Bangkok call centre number +6623561111 in September. Was a little surprised to receive ticket confirmation from the Chiang Mai Office (never called them). I have always found the main call centre phone usually answered promptly and staff helpful. No complaints here.

image.png.26f45628f065b316c22858bbfc9d6418.png

The Bangkok ticket office number is unavailable too. One can reach the switchboard. A recording gives numbers to press for the various offices. Ticketing responds with " This number is not yet connected."

Similarly the website is something of a disaster when one attempts to add information - which in theory one can do.

• Like 1

It is IMPOSSIBLE to speak to a human at the THAI Sydney Office.

(it's also closed for person to person business).

They failed to reply to 2 email queries I had so I emailed the Chiang Mai TG Office and got an immediate response...  whether it was the downtown office or the Airport, I don't know.

My query was whether THAI are resuming BKK-CNX flights before December as I'm not a fan of Thai Smile.  On the actual Thai International Website if you're booking a BKK-CNX flight and click (class) "Business" you get an error message and blank screen.

Pretty unprofessional with the high season coming! 

I returned to Sydney on TG last month and found them okay...  they're certainly TRYING.   I swore years ago I'd never ever fly QANTAS again.

I really hope EMIRATES resume the Christchurch/Sydney/BKK/Dubai route later this year, as quoted on this Forum. Great service on the ground and in the air.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, soi3eddie said:

I have always found the main call centre phone usually answered promptly and staff helpful. No complaints here.

13 hours ago, john smith said:

The Bangkok ticket office number is unavailable too.

Something change recently?

Well they are bankrupt and have been running at a loss for years. ( we all know why).

Any other country would have pulled the shutters down long ago. I don’t use them for domestic either.

Bangkok Airlines being my choice. Never had a problem.

Arent there other decent companies to Australia ?  I love SIngapore airlines and Emirates myself. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Last time I checked early Nov . . .it was closed  . . .  given Thai Airways treatment of its clients now and given its overall decline in management I imagine it still is and will remain. Just another thumbed nose to those who have previously been their bread-and-butter. If Thai Airways keeps going on like this they will collapse . .  their reputation is already on the slide . . . all smiles and sawadis from the hard-working staff but contempt form the top. Beware of booking tickets with them. Eg check how they rescheduled the BKK/SYD flight without warning to suit their "commercial interests" turning a 14-hour flight into a 24-hour marathon. Who would fly Thai Airways between SYD and BKK or CNX now?

PS I won't be flying Thai Airways ever again, at least while they persist with their ridiculous scheduling on SYD/BKK/CNX . . .  I've found Air Asia is cheaper and fast enough with some obviousl drawbacks but worth it . . . Qantas is no better with their scheduling . .  are the two in collusion with such rescheduling? Each of them with 24-hour nightmares in one direction and the other . . . .Yes, let's hope Emirates does offer such a route . .  if it does it will be very popular and put another nail in Thai's winged coffin . . . .