Extension of Stay based upon Marriage

I just want to inform that it seems to be new rules to get a one year extension of stay based upon marriage and monthly inflow of funds from overseas.

I got an income affidavit from my consulate here in Pattaya as I have done for 7 years before , and no questions asked at Jomtien Immigration, this year not good enough , I had to go to MFA in Bangkok to get the Affidavit document legalized. Bank Letter and Statements from Two different bank's was also a requirement from immigration. The reason in my case is that my bank in Sweden send the funds through Bangkok bank which immediately forward the fund's to Siam Commercial Bank. This was before a 1-2 days effort , now it is a week, I will in the future keep funds in My thai Bank account covering one year. I hope this helps for those that is in a similar situation. Please Note Ministry of Foreign Affairs , dept Consular services located at Cheang Wattana Complex , Bkk. The process is not a one day process and you need to be there very early , if you are lucky they will send the document to you EMS fro an extra fee.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

A few other office have also wanted the proof of income certified by the Department of Consular Affairs of the MFA. It is just a certification of consular officer that signed the document.

The wanting proof of the funds is bit over the top but some offices want it. It should not require proof it came from abroad when using a income document from a embassy. A few offices have accepted proof of a pension income from your home country.

2 hours ago, Jack1988 said:

always a new rules, it only give you lot of stress

Yes, and that is the reason I will not be doing an extension based on marriage next month when due but change to a Non-Imm O based on retirement and pay an agent to do all the paper work. Every year there is always another document Immigration want and I'm tired of playing the the 'game'.

I'm happy to pay an agent and never have to deal with Immigration myself in the future.

No more Immigration stress. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, ozfarang said:

Yes, and that is the reason I will not be doing an extension based on marriage next month when due but change to a Non-Imm O based on retirement and pay an agent to do all the paper work. Every year there is always another document Immigration want and I'm tired of playing the the 'game'.

I'm happy to pay an agent and never have to deal with Immigration myself in the future.

in fact, immigration want you to use an agent to pay more. It's a money scheme believe me

• Like 2

I am due a marriage visa extension in the next 10 days. I am 78 and I slipped on some water soaked concrete on Monday and cracked my right elbow and bashed my ribs,

I have done about half the application but the worst part is that I am right handed and I am now reduced to typing with one finger left handed.

Do you think that Immigration will give me 2 week extension as I cannot sign my signature left handed.

My wife called them today but they were closed for the holiday.

5 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I am due a marriage visa extension in the next 10 days. I am 78 and I slipped on some water soaked concrete on Monday and cracked my right elbow and bashed my ribs,

You apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife if you have not applied for one since you last entry to the country using a visa.

Your signature does not need to be perfect for the extension application.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

You apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife if you have not applied for one since you last entry to the country using a visa.

Thank you Joe,

At the moment even if i put a big X I don't think anyone would recognise it.

My are going up to Immi on Tuesday to see what they can offer.

On 10/13/2022 at 10:27 PM, ozfarang said:

Depends on the fee. Depends on the locality. 

Chaing Mai really lifted their game after the new building was commissioned.

But I still get hives dealing with it. Tho I don't have to as I returned home this year, and will only holiday in the southern winter from now on. We've kept two properties in Kalaland for now.

One in CM one in BKK tho we'll rent a third for our own stays. 

Marriage extension keeps more of my money mine, but it's intrusive and demeaning, we're under suspicion of "faking" it, every freaking year!

In the end, home's better, nowhere is perfect and it was fun here until it wasn't.

Edited by chalawaan
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/14/2022 at 6:15 PM, ubonjoe said:

Today I went to KPP immigration with my Thai wife. I went via the BBK to get my 12 month statements but forgot the guarantee letter, That was the only problem so we went back to the bank and got 2 of them, 1 for KPP and 1 for CM.

My wife signed all her bits and the IO lady vouched for my signatures and stamped my passport so I am OK for another year,

KPP is a small office and whether any other office would do the same, I don't know. I think it would depend on the IO at the time, the applicant and pressure from above.

12 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Today I went to KPP immigration with my Thai wife. I went via the BBK to get my 12 month statements but forgot the guarantee letter, That was the only problem so we went back to the bank and got 2 of them, 1 for KPP and 1 for CM.

My wife signed all her bits and the IO lady vouched for my signatures and stamped my passport so I am OK for another year,

KPP is a small office and whether any other office would do the same, I don't know. I think it would depend on the IO at the time, the applicant and pressure from above.

Your wife signed all her bits?

That is really funny.????????

Visited my agent in Bangkok on Monday 17 October and picked up my passport with New Non-O based on retirement and multi re-entry permit on 19 October. 

Excellent and quick service and I didn't have to go near an immigration office, in fact no need for me to go to immigration for the full year of my extension of stay as the agent will do my 90 day reports.

No STRESS at all