Best island for 1 month

Sparktrader

16 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

I wonder if Maenam on Samui would be good choice?  Id probably train it down from Bkk to Chumphon the ferry across.

Maenam is still a great beach and a good area - I've been living here permanently for 16 years now - and at the moment many affordable bungalows for rent. However, be aware of the monsoon-season during November-December...????

Maenam Beach, August 2022...

image.jpeg.95624c70ce40806b581a93cef4595242.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

As had I, but it's not a good beach to walk on. Had a large bar scene when I was there.

It has changed a bit, beer bars with ladies are not as good a business on Samui as it once was, but there are still some bars in Lamai; clientel has changed to more families and the young ones head for Chaweng and parties...????

16 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

My gf will be with me. Read a book etc. Relax. Market nearby be good. Bang Por looks good.

Bang Por is quiet and if you find the right bays, there is great beach there. The area is amount the more affordable for accommodation,  and both the number of restaurant and convenience stores have increased during the last few years...????

1 minute ago, brianthainess said:

Why ? were the beaches too beautiful, or the scenery too beautiful. ?

Letscsay there is more beautiful beaches and more beautiful scenery Than Koh Chang. I havent been back to Koh Chang since 2007, but already back then it was trashed, and from what I hear, not much have changed, except being trashed more. A ruined paradise compared to before it went to popular. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, rumbo1 said:

And it bothers me why people feel a need to comment without offering any relevant help to the question being asked

i know right....i mean you didn't just do the same thing or anything crazy like that. 

You seem to have been to some nice islands already. Go back to your favourite and find something locally with help from a local about options for the kinds of accommodation. Over ten years, a few things will have changed.

If your plan is a for single one month holiday, you could try Koh Lipe, considered by many to be the best island of Thailand, but then again, these things are a matter of taste and therefore subjective. My wife and I went there last year for about a week and we loved it - nobody around because of covid.

If you are looking for the best of all worlds then only you know what will suit you!

11 hours ago, rumbo1 said:

And it bothers me why people feel a need to comment without offering any relevant help to the question being asked

Not to mention, that in order to "pronounce", one needs to speak!

15 minutes ago, ChrisKC said:

You seem to have been to some nice islands already. Go back to your favourite and find something locally with help from a local about options for the kinds of accommodation. Over ten years, a few things will have changed.

If your plan is a for single one month holiday, you could try Koh Lipe, considered by many to be the best island of Thailand, but then again, these things are a matter of taste and therefore subjective. My wife and I went there last year for about a week and we loved it - nobody around because of covid.

If you are looking for the best of all worlds then only you know what will suit you!

Lipe is small for 1 month. Never been though, maybe an adventure. It sure looks nice.

35 minutes ago, ChrisKC said:

Is Pattaya beach is the best beach there? Will be Feb so those island hopper boats be running i guess if they are starting up again.

13 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

Is Pattaya beach is the best beach there? Will be Feb so those island hopper boats be running i guess if they are starting up again.

Lipe has long been discovered by the young party crowd. It might have been quiet during and just after Covid, but it might be a different story come February and the high season.

8 hours ago, phetphet said:

Lipe has long been discovered by the young party crowd. It might have been quiet during and just after Covid, but it might be a different story come February and the high season.

Was at Lipe 2017 new year, and it was not a party Island like Koh Tao, Phangan or Phi Phi. Crowded yes, but most families was my impression, and a bit more expensive than those mentioned above. 

On 10/14/2022 at 7:08 AM, simon43 said:

I recently stayed there for 3 weeks. Rented an air-conditioned little house for 400 baht a night, 200 metres from the beach.  Very quiet, few tourists, beautiful beach, many shops, bars and restaurants open.  I had a nice time.

Now heading back to Burma, if they let me back in!

Burma, thought they were still struggling , bad times. I know you’ve lived there, I’ve been many times .

I follow a few Burmese I know on FB and haven’t had any positive news, I was also told not to come even if I could get in . Your thoughts ?