Dual citizenship, renewing expired Thai passport

My minor daughter has both Thai and USA passports.  She resides in the US, but is currently in Thailand.  Her Thai passport is expired, so the immigration officer issued a visa on arrival, stamped in her USA passport.  She's trying to get her Thai passport renewed in Thailand.   Exiting Thailand, will she show both passports, and will they stamp both passports as exiting Thailand?  

Edited by rambose
unclear wording

ubonjoe (I could figure out how to respond to your response)  Thanks for your response.  She's only staying a month, so it wasn't critical that she enter as a Thai citizen.  A follow up question: What does she need to renew her Thai passport?  Is showing the old passport enough?  Does she need to show a Thai ID (which she doesn't have), a Thai birth certificate (which she doesn't have with her), or a tambien ban (showing her residence in Thailand, which she also doesn't have because she resides in the US, but she could get registered at a relative's home).  I think it cost 1000 baht.  Thanks again.

By the sounds of it, she won't be able to get her passport renewed if she is under 20. As others have said, she'll need to have a house registration, ID card and parents in attendance to do some or all of these things at that age. 

This is a good article floating around the internet. The second half in particular gives you an idea of that is needed to get registered in Thailand for Thai citizens born outside of Thailand. 

https://www.thaicitizenship.com/thai-citizenship-when-born-overseas/

• Like 1

Thai partner, holding valid British and expired Thai passport, tried to enter on expired Thai passport last month. Absolute refusal and told must use British passport. Escalated to senior immigration official who confirmed cannot be used for entry as 'an invalid travel document'. Newly issued Thai ID card no use whatsoever.

So that's last month.

This week, Thai friend, also based in UK with British passport, also refused entry on expired Thai passport and had to use British.

Good news is that replacing Thai passport simplicity itself, PROVIDING  that you have moined the e-queue a month in advance.

Back in COVID repatriation days, my wife was told by the Thai Consulate, DC, that she could not repatriate on an expired Thai passport.  Instead, she needed a Certificate of Identity.  I realize those rules probably no longer apply, but just wanted to pass that info on.

17 hours ago, rambose said:

She's trying to get her Thai passport renewed in Thailand.

She will need parents accept to renew a passport as minor. My experience is that both parents need to be present in the passport office, but check if a power of attorney is possible, it was not in my case some years back, I needed to be present in person.