Nightclubs in Phuket - are they closing at 2am for the past week, or is this only Pattaya?

bbi1

7 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

Nong Khai bars close midnight. 2am seems late. Not sure why you would drink past 2am. Thats what 19yos do.

2am is early. People start arriving at nightclubs around 12:30am onwards. Gogo girls arrive around 3am once their work ends. At least in Pattaya.

That's why I was curious if other places like Phuket has had the same fate over the past week where all venues closed at 2am sharp or is it just a Pattaya thing.

• Thumbs Up 1

My friend owns a bar in Pattaya.  His wife said there are a lot Bangkok police in town, about 400 of them.  They've been going around checking on bars in Pattaya and Jomtien.   Has to do with some kind of crackdown because of a Chinese woman that committed suicide because she was being forced to work in a bar. 

All the bars needed to close at the proper time, the Pattaya police couldn't do anything about the early closures.  It'll all be back to normal by next week.

• Like 1

On 10/19/2022 at 1:14 AM, Jaybott said:

My friend owns a bar in Pattaya.  His wife said there are a lot Bangkok police in town, about 400 of them.  They've been going around checking on bars in Pattaya and Jomtien.   Has to do with some kind of crackdown because of a Chinese woman that committed suicide because she was being forced to work in a bar. 

All the bars needed to close at the proper time, the Pattaya police couldn't do anything about the early closures.  It'll all be back to normal by next week.

That's good to know things should be back to normal next week. I'm hearing similar from a few different chicks too.