£50 Notes.

the paper £50 notes have been withdrawn, £50 notes still exist but made from polymer. paper £50 and £20 notes ceased to be legal tender on 30 september this year, though they can be paid into a uk bank account or taken to the bank of england and be replaced. therefore, bureau de change's won't accept the old notes.

https://www.bankofengland.co.uk/news/2022/june/100-days-left-to-use-your-paper-20-and-50-banknotes

Just got mine exchanged in time , they were 50's that had kind of built up

over the years , had writing and dirty marks on them, so exchanges, banks

would not take them,spent half a day laundering them , vinegar and washing

up soap , they looked ok to me ,a lot better anyway , took them to local currency

exchange and to my surprise they accepted them all , now the new polymer ones

less worries of termites finding my stash. the UK i the only place you will get the old

ones changed now.

regards worgeordie

You still might be lucky to get them changed here, but better get a move on.

Be aware that exchanges won't accept bank notes with any marks on them. I had a few £50's refused last year because they had ink writing or stamps on them. I tried everything to remove them without success.

Also last month had several 100 Euro notes refused because they have marks on them. These had been locked away at home and believe it or not, had got brown mould stains on them. SuperRich told me their  clients wouldn't accept them.

Couldn't remove those marks either, so will change them when I return to  Europe.