Any GWM Haval H6 or Jolion owners out there ?

On 10/19/2022 at 10:05 AM, Andrew Dwyer said:

Thanks, i was hoping for a more conservative price on the H6 PHEV but it is a little out of my range tbh. Am aiming more towards the Jolion as it suits me better size wise but would have liked to have gone for a PHEV, maybe a Jolion PHEV in a few years ?

Some of the reviews give a different picture regarding fuel usage, a couple of recent reviews from NZ ( Autocar and Driven ) give a 1000 km range from a full tank so hoping to get some first hand experience on here.

I was taken aback a little by the price of the PHEV. But when I think about it a bit more, it’s actually much more than just a PHEV. The Volvo XC60 recharge, albeit a more luxurious and powerful vehicle, is double the price at Bht 3.4 million. But it only has a NEDC range of 90 kms, less than half that of the H6. And one doesn’t really need the power, especially on Thai roads.

That led me to thinking that the H6 is in fact an EV as well with its 34kWh battery, which is more than some pure EVs. Moreover, it has DC charging which the Volvo doesn’t have. So you can actually consider it an EV with an ICE backup engine lol.

1 minute ago, Gweiloman said:

I was taken aback a little by the price of the PHEV. But when I think about it a bit more, it’s actually much more than just a PHEV. The Volvo XC60 recharge, albeit a more luxurious and powerful vehicle, is double the price at Bht 3.4 million. But it only has a NEDC range of 90 kms, less than half that of the H6. And one doesn’t really need the power, especially on Thai roads.

That led me to thinking that the H6 is in fact an EV as well with its 34kWh battery, which is more than some pure EVs. Moreover, it has DC charging which the Volvo doesn’t have. So you can actually consider it an EV with an ICE backup engine lol.

Yes, if it lives up to its claimed 201 km range then it will be the best of both worlds, actually 150 km would do it !!

In my research of the Jolion I’ve only come across good things said about the H6, albeit the hybrid.

I wish you good luck with the car and hope to see some good reports about the H6 PHEV soon ,I may well become a convert !!.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Yes, if it lives up to its claimed 201 km range then it will be the best of both worlds, actually 150 km would do it !!

In my research of the Jolion I’ve only come across good things said about the H6, albeit the hybrid.

I wish you good luck with the car and hope to see some good reports about the H6 PHEV soon ,I may well become a convert !!.

I was careful to use the Volvo example which is a claimed 90 km NEDC as the H6 claim of 201 km is also NEDC.

I watched numerous reviews of the H6, GWM did a blitz a few weeks back with about 10 cars over a few days for different reviewers. Day 01 was a convoy to Nakhon Nayok, day 02 to Saraburi. Practically all reviewers confirmed a real world range of 150-160 km driving at 100-120 kph. As I tended to drive between 80-100 kph recently due to the high cost of fuel, I’m sure I will get 160-180 km easily. But I might resume my previous speeds of 120-140 since electricity is much cheaper lol.

• Love It 1