Any GWM Haval H6 or Jolion owners out there ?

25 minutes ago, digbeth said:

Jolion has a well known mileage issue that they can't fix yet

various thai groups in facebook 

Reliability wise the H6 hasn't shown any serious defect 

I did join a FB group about Jolion in Australia but they have only recently got the Hybrid there so not too much info.

Although I did see one thread quoting poor mileage figures ( 700km on a full tank of 91 fuel, a 55L fuel tank I think ) and being on a par with the mileage of the petrol versions which wasn’t very encouraging.

I believe a lot of the Oz reviews are of the first gen Haval which has a 2l engine which is not available in Thailand. 
There are also newer reviews of the hybrid model with the 1.5l turbo charged engine which gives better mileage.

I have gone for the PHEV but have not received any updates as to the delivery date. It’s promised for no later than end December.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Gweiloman said:

I believe a lot of the Oz reviews are of the first gen Haval which has a 2l engine which is not available in Thailand. 
There are also newer reviews of the hybrid model with the 1.5l turbo charged engine which gives better mileage.

I have gone for the PHEV but have not received any updates as to the delivery date. It’s promised for no later than end December.

Thanks, i was hoping for a more conservative price on the H6 PHEV but it is a little out of my range tbh. Am aiming more towards the Jolion as it suits me better size wise but would have liked to have gone for a PHEV, maybe a Jolion PHEV in a few years ?

Some of the reviews give a different picture regarding fuel usage, a couple of recent reviews from NZ ( Autocar and Driven ) give a 1000 km range from a full tank so hoping to get some first hand experience on here.

4 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Does he ?

I don’t see him mentioning either of the models the topic is related to .

I am beginning to think it is a waste of my time trying to help posters on ASEAN. Thanks for the confirmation.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

If you asked for info on a new Ford Ranger and i sent you a video about the Ford Fiesta gearbox issues would you think it helpful ?

Yes, you are wasting your time …… and everyone else’s .

On ignore now, so neither of us waste our time.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/19/2022 at 12:45 PM, Lacessit said:

I am beginning to think it is a waste of my time trying to help posters on ASEAN. Thanks for the confirmation.

Thank you for the link. ????

The subject matter discussed in the video is very much relevant to the OP's question.

• Thumbs Up 1

51 minutes ago, DaRoadrunner said:

Resale value is a big problem with Chinese cars.

Yes, that’s definitely something to think about, I have heard that MG’s don’t get good resale prices, GWM probably not such a given as only on the market here for less than a year.

The shop I use to service our fleet passed on some interesting facts re: MG ...

Seems CP Group owns the dealership in Thailand, and they have special offers for Thai Gov't employees.

Hence the number of vehicles available on the second hand market.

4 hours ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Yes, that’s definitely something to think about, I have heard that MG’s don’t get good resale prices, GWM probably not such a given as only on the market here for less than a year.

Just browse the second hand car websites to get an idea. Compare across brands that cost similar when new. Longterm reliability and resale of Chinese cars is an unknown at this time. 

22 hours ago, DaRoadrunner said:

Resale value is a big problem with Chinese cars.

Not only Chinese cars, there was a major US brand that decided to exited their Thailand production and to get rid of stock reduce the price of their vehicles by 50%

imagine how the owners that purchased vehicles before the 50% reduction felt.

There are other brands that offer substantial discounts to vehicles that they no longer want to include in their vehicle portfolio end of life or bring out a brand new major updated model all these factors have an impact on resale values

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/21/2022 at 10:13 PM, DavisH said:

Longterm reliability and resale of Chinese cars is an unknown at this time. 

Nonsense, Chinese cars have been on the market for decades, worldwide, so their reliability can be judged very easily as can their resale values in the markets that they have been available in.

• Like 1

On 10/18/2022 at 9:44 PM, digbeth said:

Jolion has a well known mileage issue that they can't fix yet

various thai groups in facebook 

Reliability wise the H6 hasn't shown any serious defect 

Seems to be spot on there @digbeth, I spent a few days going through the various Jolion Hybrid Thai groups on FB and the main chatter is about poor mileage figures. Some are claiming better figures, > 20km/l after a supposed update but a lot talking about 13km/l or less !

GWM claim 23.8km/l (or 4.2l/100km)

Of course without the full details of type of fuel used, length of driving and speed plus whether city or highway driving it doesn’t give the full picture but there’s a lot of talk on this subject and even suggestions of changing driving modes ( Eco, Sport, Normal etc )whilst driving to improve mileage depending on conditions ( city, highway, mountain etc ) all seems a little desperate.

Whether an update exists regarding this issue seems a little in doubt imho and was hoping to get some info from someone on here who owns one or has knowledge of someone who does.

A little disappointed in these findings as my current non hybrid car gives me 14.5/15km/l with my driving style and i would hope to improve on that with a Jolion Hybrid without having to alter my driving style and car mode frequently during trips .

The H6 does seem to be exempt from this issue.

On 10/21/2022 at 10:19 PM, In the jungle said:

I saw a Good Cat on the road today.

A kind of meh, got nothing blob of a car.

No idea who makes it but with a name like that it must be Chinese.

There are at least two in town where I live. One owned by a German guy. He said he is very happy. 

• Like 2

On 10/23/2022 at 10:58 AM, Liverpool Lou said:

Nonsense, Chinese cars have been on the market for decades, worldwide, so their reliability can be judged very easily as can their resale values in the markets that they have been available in.

Not in Thailand they haven't. Wanna compare resale with that in other countries? What use would that be? Most Japanese cars will destroy Chinese cars for resale hereover the next 10 years. No question about that. Buying a Chinese vacuum and throwing it out when its broken in 2 years is one thing...but a car? No thanks....

21 hours ago, DavisH said:

Not in Thailand they haven't. Wanna compare resale with that in other countries? What use would that be? Most Japanese cars will destroy Chinese cars for resale hereover the next 10 years. No question about that. Buying a Chinese vacuum and throwing it out when its broken in 2 years is one thing...but a car? No thanks....

Here is an independent review about a Chinese made car from a high mileage user. Not a view about resale, just about reliability. I think you will be unpleasantly surprised about his verdict.

P/s: the video title is  slightly incorrect as it’s not really about the battery.