Change from AIS fibre to 3BB Fibre, problems with the ethernet to my CCTV system

colinchaffers

I have just moved to 3BB fibre (1GPS/100MPs) and the network conection to my CCTV network via ethernet is not working, I'm thinking the DVR (HikVision) has an old network protocol, I have looked on Google and cant see much about it. BTW if I run the system and swapped back and forth between the two routers and always get the same results.  KR Colin 

It could be that your 3BB router is only issuing IPV6 addresses and older systems can't (maybe) don't work with it.

Have a look in your 3BB router if in the DHCP server ip4 addresses are issued.

Edit: Of course it could be also vice versa, that your CCTV is expecting a Ipv6 address and your 3BB router is only issuing Ipv4 ????

Edited by MJCM
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, MJCM said:

It could be that your 3BB router is only issuing IPV6 addresses and older systems can't (maybe) don't work with it.

Have a look in your 3BB router if in the DHCP server ip4 addresses are issued.

Edit: Of course it could be also vice versa, that your CCTV is expecting a Ipv6 address and your 3BB router is only issuing Ipv4 ????

I have had a look the DVR shows both IPv4 and IPv6, although the IPv4 is "greyed out", in the router there is a IPv6 tab, which if you if you click allows you set up a default network. I'll check out the router side of things more tomorrow. KR Colin 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, colinchaffers said:

I have had a look the DVR shows both IPv4 and IPv6, although the IPv4 is "greyed out", in the router there is a IPv6 tab, which if you if you click allows you set up a default network. I'll check out the router side of things more tomorrow. KR Colin 

Look at the 3BB router and see if the DVR is issued an ip address (either 4 or 6)

Do you still have the AIS router? If so connect that one and see what kind of address the DVR gets.

The only issue other then that could be (maybe) SMBv1 (which is obsolete) but that is a file sharing protocol, but that should not (50/50 ???? ) affect the connectivity  to a router.

Question, Do you also connect to the DVR when on the road for example? How are you going to solve that with 3BB love of CGNAT?

4 hours ago, MJCM said:

Look at the 3BB router and see if the DVR is issued an ip address (either 4 or 6)

Do you still have the AIS router? If so connect that one and see what kind of address the DVR gets.

The only issue other then that could be (maybe) SMBv1 (which is obsolete) but that is a file sharing protocol, but that should not (50/50 ???? ) affect the connectivity  to a router.

Question, Do you also connect to the DVR when on the road for example? How are you going to solve that with 3BB love of CGNAT?

I found the issue that the "DHCP" and "Enable DNS DHCP" were both enabled on the DVR, but I reset them and I guess its picked up the new router setting, its now working, thanks for your suggestions. 

Not sure about your "on the road" comment, it works over the internet or remotely. 

10 hours ago, colinchaffers said:

Not sure about your "on the road" comment, it works over the internet or remotely. 

What I mean by that, have you tried to access the DVR (now it's connected to 3BB) via your Mobile PHONE 4G connection?

Does that work?

10 hours ago, colinchaffers said:

I found the issue that the "DHCP" and "Enable DNS DHCP" were both enabled on the DVR, but I reset them and I guess its picked up the new router setting, its now working, thanks for your suggestions. 

Glad you found the cause.

• Like 1