A Bank Statement With Your Address Written In English?

Is it possible to get an offical Thai bank statement issued from your bank with your name and address written fully in English, not Thai?

If so, has anyone ever done this.

I need a official document with my Thai address on it for official business in the UK. I'm struggling a bit to come up with ideas for this.

Thanks in advance.

can an official translation be accepted. i have to renew my passport and have used a bank statement from k Bank as my proof of residence. the address was printed out in Thai and so required an official translation from one of many translation services.

• Thanks 1

I receive bank statements every month from Bangkok Bank with my address written in the Latin script. I needed an official document same as you for my home country, so I asked Bangkok Bank to register my address using the Latin script. No problem at all.

i don't know about other banks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Dmaxdan said:

Is it possible to get an offical Thai bank statement issued from your bank with your name and address written fully in English, not Thai?

If so, has anyone ever done this.

Have you tried asking in your Thai Bank ?

My Thai bank statements are routinely issued in both Thai and English

• Thumbs Up 1

If you go to your Bank branch and ask exactly for what you need, such as bank statement with your full address in English  etc., the bank ought to do it for you.

I recently did this and was asked to pay 100 baht.

Seems banks here in Thailand get this request quite often.

Help the bank by writing out your address in English so they can copy it into the statement.

Edited by homeseeker
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Sophon said:

I receive bank statements every month from Bangkok Bank with my address written in the Latin script. I needed an official document same as you for my home country, so I asked Bangkok Bank to register my address using the Latin script. No problem at all.

i don't know about other banks.

I do bank with Bangkok bank so that's encouraging! 

1 minute ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

Have you asked in your Bangkok Bank branch ?

No not yet. I only found out I needed this late this afternoon.

I was planning to go tomorrow but thought I'd get some advice on here first. Which,  has been very helpful so far ☺️

2 minutes ago, Dmaxdan said:

No not yet. I only found out I needed this late this afternoon.

I was planning to go tomorrow but thought I'd get some advice on here first. Which,  has been very helpful so far ☺️

OK, so you would have gone to your bank tomorrow anyway , regardless of the advice on here ?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Mac Mickmanus said:

OK, so you would have gone to your bank tomorrow anyway , regardless of the advice on here ?

Well I could have had a load of replies telling me that the banks don't do that and I'd be waisting my time!

There is no harm in checking, is there? Especially for me because the nearest bank branch is about 45 minutes drive away from where I live.

7 hours ago, Dmaxdan said:

Well I could have had a load of replies telling me that the banks don't do that and I'd be waisting my time!

There is no harm in checking, is there? Especially for me because the nearest bank branch is about 45 minutes drive away from where I live.

Do you trust the advice on forums that much? I wouldnt

At Bangkok Bank they initially just enter your address in Thai in most cases.  Although you may have filled out the account opening paperwork in English the bank rep entering the information into their system translated it to Thai. To get a formal statement with your address in English the bank needs to also add your address in English in their system....that is your address is duplicated their system...in both Thai and English.

A couple years ago I needed a bank statement in English from Bangkok Bank (i.e., including the address in English).   The section which generated the formal statement said they could only give me a statement which showed my address in Thai.  To get a formal statement with my address in English I needed to have my address added in English also. 

Went to the bank branch section where you do such things as opening an acct, working some problem, get a new debit card, etc., etc., where they added my address in English (and of course filling out several paper forms).   Now my address in their system is in Thai and English. 

I then went back to the section that does the formal statements and they provided me a 12 month statement....all formal on letterhead, stamp, signature which included my name and address in English.

This was at the Bangkok Bank in the Bangkok Bank Headquarters building on Silom Rd in Bangkok which is the home branch that occupies the 1st and 2nd floors of the headquarters building..  I expect the process would be same-same at any Bangkok Bank branch....that is, have your address added in English also; not just Thai....then get the formal statement. 

• Like 1

On 10/22/2022 at 2:01 AM, Sparktrader said:

Do you trust the advice on forums that much? I wouldnt

Just as I personally wouldn't necessarily trust advice provided by a bank branch as being the 100% gospel truth since this could depend on (1) whom you speak to, and (2) more importantly, which side of the bed they had got out that morning.

• Like 1

Just for the record, I have now obtained my bank statement in English.

I was instructed to go to the branch where I originally opened the account. Actually in my case that particular branch has since closed so I had to find the one I'm now registered at.

Once there they changed my address to English on the system which involved signing a couple of forms and a fair amount of faffing about.

Once that was completed I was rewarded with a statement with with my address in English.

Anyway, thanks for everyone's help????