Passengers to finally get refunds from high-flying Thai Airways still facing financial turbulence

webfact

On 10/22/2022 at 7:44 AM, darrenr said:

I checked flights from Perth no economy but business class $12,000 AUD return , even their flights from Sydney economy are very expensive, Singapore airlines now has a stranglehold on flights from Australia to Thailand , still no flights direct from Brisbane , have to fly Qantas Brisbane to Sydney then they give you 75 mins to transfer from domestic to international terminal (in this time you have to disembark Qantas jet, collect bags , shuttle bus to international terminal , check in, clear customs ) talk about fine if not impossible 

Absolutely rubbish again I flew in from Perth no problems getting ecomomy seat and just paid 970 dollars return stop picking on thai try picking on Qantas or yetstar 

9 hours ago, scorecard said:

Recent good experience with this, on Singapore Airlines:

Sydney to Singapore, then change the flight at Changi for Singapore to Bkk.

Scheduled time on the ground 25 minutes.

- Pleasant experience getting off the a'craft on arrival at Changi (hostesses had everything well prepared, passengers well organized.

- Several golf carts waiting very close to aircraft door, loaded and moved off quickly. Ground staff very helpful and pleasant.

- I'm in a wheelchair, I was asked to wait until 90% of passengers alighted the aircraft.

- Out and into the waiting S'pore wheelchair, 2 attendants, one taking care of cabin bags etc., the other well experienced at keeping the ride smooth and fast. 

- Passengers asked politely to not engage in shopping etc. With apologies.

- On arrival at next gate all very well organized, extra gate staff on hand. Extra staff on board temporarily helping to get cabin bags into overhead lockers, getting passengers seated and buckled up and helping with any last minute issues.

- Doors closed, aircraft moved away right on 25 minutes.

- Arrived at Suvarnabhumi 10 minutes early.

- I had 4 check-in items (incl 2 wheelchairs), all arrived in Bkk on my flight, all in good order.

My problem is Honolulu International Airport.  Even after spending millions of dollars in improvements it is still not fixed.   For its size, it is rated the second worst airport in the U.S. 

The walk from the international arrival gates to immigration is ridiculous.  While not wheelchair bound, I use a cane to get around.  The last time we came through the escalator was broken, so climbing the stairs to the next floor with my carry on was not all that easy. Fortunately, other friendly passengers helped me.

The immigration and customs process is easy.  It's the difficulty in reaching these areas.

Other common complaints are the Hawaiian Airlines staff and the extremely long TSA lines.

HAL staff kept sending us in circles before we got our boarding passes.  Luckily a security officer who asked to see my boarding pass and noticed I might miss my HAL flight, led us to the head of the TSA line.

These are my reasons for the three hour layover in Honolulu.  I rather wait for the next flight than the face the headaches of missing it.  My traveling companion feels the same way.  She never travels alone and is comfortable with my decisions.  So far, we have never missed a flight.

Edited by Hawaiian
grammar

On 10/23/2022 at 1:24 PM, Nong Khai Man said:

It Used to be LESS than a Quarter of that.....I Once paid 369.00 for the same Flight....O.K. It was back in 1980 But Still that is what I Paid.....555 !!

In 1985 it was around £500 , which it still was up until a few years ago.

• Like 1

On 10/22/2022 at 9:31 AM, Wookie said:

I recently flew on Thai Airways to Europe and back, in business class.

The service and food was as good as  other airlines I have flown with such as Etihad and Emirates. No complaints at all.

yes I found them ok also ..but still prefer Etihad..

On 10/22/2022 at 7:13 AM, Skeptic7 said:

TG service sucks. Once the cabin crew cleans up the meal service, they disappear into the gallies never to be seen again. They serve all drinks in thimbles. Wouldn't quench a Quetzal's thirst or give a bee a buzz.

Thai Smile cabin attendants much better...and it's the same company. 

'Cost dutting has long been apparent on Thai. As you mentioned, you get a very small measure of wine in a very small glass. Also, they used to have Johnny Walker Red (an old friend's favourite), for many years now they've had a no-name cheaper brand instead.