Thailand For Celibates And Teetotalllers

qwertz

Purely theoretical of course as I can't claim such high ideals.

But what if?

I only know of one man in all my trips to Patts who was so outraged at the sin everywhere he never left the hotel for two weeks after one look down the street.

This was of course Soi 7.

He was thoroughly miserable, said it was Sodom and Gomorra and they'd all burn in hel_l.

So what can the board suggest as an enjoyable LOS holiday for such upright people?

I'm sure TAT would appreciate more of them.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

But what if?

I only know of one man in all my trips to Patts who was so outraged at the sin everywhere he never left the hotel for two weeks after one look down the street.

He was thoroughly miserable, said it was Sodom and Gomorra and they'd all burn in hel_l.

So what can the board suggest as an enjoyable LOS holiday for such upright people?

I'd suggest Yala. I doubt there's much skin on display down there. :o

I dont drink, smoke, and havent been in a relationship for some time (by choice). I wouldnt consider particularly myself 'upright' or uptight even, nor miserable, its just my present chosen path. Cant be bothered with dating atm and im not into flings so ..yeah w/e. :D

Then again i dont think id fit in down pattaya way much either :o

But what if?

Leave their ideas and morals of what others should be doing and do what feels right for them and enjoy themselves :D anywhere in Thailand ! Im a non drinker smoker and dont go to LOS for women (although I have met a number of women here on my visits) :o And I enjoy myself in many areas of Thailand

So, eek, CM's a possible then?

well, hah, I think CM is a bit tamer than Pattaya. Although to be honest i have only spent a few hours in Pattaya once, so wouldnt particularly know if its "Sodom and Gomorra". But they do say Pattaya is LOS's Sin City and CM seems pretty family friendly. You got your girly bars here too of course, just not as exposed as some parts of Bangkok or Pattaya. (drat can i mention that or is it a forum no-no? Never know to what degree i can and cannot mention things like that... :D )

Im finally going to head more south for a quick gander because i havent been further than Pattaya to see if i want to move, i imagine the quieter islands will not be quite as party orientated as Pattaya too, ill post my observations. Guess your friend just saw only side of LOS before reacting and should have ventured out of the area rather than sitting in his hotel room. Shame really, so many gorgeous places to visit, and I personally wouldnt say Pattaya represents a realistic view of Thailand.

Well to finally answer your question clearly (i tend to babble :o ),yes i think CM definately is a good place for people not into the party scene.

Eek, I mentioned this guy once in another thread.

He was basically okay but highly devout, not the best attitude for a place like Patts.

He claimed he'd been deliberately misinformed by a crooked travel agent and couldn't change his flight at such short notice.

Gullible perhaps but I don't think it was in him to lie.

I kept him company at dinner most days (I was usually up too late for breakfast) as I felt sorry for him.

He didn't preach or criticise me although he must have known I was doing the usual boy things round the bars.

It only occurred to me that if you had to turn your back on the delights you could die of boredom, even in LOS.

There must be a market for such people; such an offer in the right places, would probably attract families too.

And couples of course; the more I think about it, TAT is a bit short sighted.

Edited by qwertz

Definitely think that Thailand is for abstainers. I am a teetotaller and celibate (except for my wife) and totally enjoy everywhere in LOS including Patters. I think I have everybit as much fun as all the hel_l raisers with the difference being that I do not wake up with a hangover or with some strange girl in my bed. I probably do most of the same things as the party boys, I go out to bars with my mates but instead of drinking beer, I drink Coke Light and instead of taking girls home as they do , I just play and flirt with the girls but then go home. As we all know, there is much to do in LOS other than the party scene, however it is always enjoyable to spend some of the time living in sin ! :o

i went through a period where i partied as hard as the rest of them, but i really don't like alcohol and i am not into casual sex and i still manage to have a great time without them when i go out. then again, i am not offended by people who are into the sex scene or drugs or alcohol either. puritanical people might have a harder time here.

I think the op's question is really rather ridiculous... of course there are celibates and abstainers who enjoy this wonderful country!!!!!!! Anyone who imagines it's only about s*x and drinking needs to wise up. I don't like the tone of this post.

:o

I did say theoretical, I didn't realise theorising was not PC.

I have reviewed my thread opener and checked for anything offensive but it seems to be in order.

I apologise if it displeases but by all means, seonai, set me straight about content and I promise to avoid such transgressions in future.

Edited by qwertz

Well I took the whole thing as tongue-in-cheek. I actually almost posted (in jest) that I wonder how long the thread will be allowed to remain open... but, as I say, I just took it as a light-hearted lark. Ah well, such is life...

I think the op's question is really rather ridiculous... of course there are celibates and abstainers who enjoy this wonderful country!!!!!!! Anyone who imagines it's only about s*x and drinking needs to wise up. I don't like the tone of this post.

I agree life without booze and cheap sex is wonderfull.  Just try to recall when you were a kid:  little money, out and about, no hangovers, clear head, a force for good.  I think life without drinking from the devils cup can be more fullfilling than people imagine.

* note to mod. -   i dont think you have to censor the word sex and i cant understand why you find the OP's question ridiculous (strange)

Trying to take this as a serious thread, when I came to Thailand, not the first time in my life, but the first time in a long time, I was in the middle of a divorce, and since I am a woman, (okay now, most of you will be tuned out), I wasn't here for sex ... but this shouldn't only be because I am a woman. I came here for a vacation to meet some friends of mine in Koh Samui for 2 weeks. After that I had a 3- 4 week trip alone planned in Viet Nam. After that, I just couldn't face returning home, so made a quick plan to visit Chiang Mai for 3 days or more, depending on how I liked it. Stayed 3 weeks. Went home for 2 weeks, and then came back for about 6 weeks.

Because of my divorce I had been kicked out of my job/business and had nothing to do, but had to go back to do divorce things and to take care of my house and dogs. I also never drank alcohol once I found out I was getting divorced. I didn't drink much before, but once I found out many bad things about my husband was afraid maybe I would get drunk and try to kill him, not succeed due to no good plan, end up in jail from a half assed plan gone bad, also that I might lose control because I hadn't had any alcohol for a year and if a drank now, could very well lose control, you see what I mean??? So, when I first came to Thailand, I didn't have sex and didn't drink, even though I couldn't kill him from here, I could get drunk and call him, and didn't want to do that either. So far from being a saint, I had reasons to control myself and did that for the first few years I was here. I was going back and forth at first. You can enjoy Thailand, there are many things to do here without sex or drinking, however, you can still fall prey to the ripoffs and the nice Thai people who just want to be your friends because they just want to commission on everything you do.

To the people who can't wait to write me to say I was a sucker because I needed sex, please save it for someone else, I don't need your pathetic remarks and have received them other times when I have written the same things. I will show you no mercy if you write me these things. Anyway, I stand by my remarks, there are times in ones life when sex and alcohol play no good part and still Thailand can do you good but you should still be wary of the people out there who will take advantage of your weakness.

qwerty, no wonder your friend had such a bad time in Patts, he was staying on the wrong Soi, he should have been on Sophisticated Soi 6 :o:D:D

Solent, I think he'd have bust a blood vessel had he seen that! :D

Trying to take this as a serious thread, when I came to Thailand, not the first time in my life, but the first time in a long time, I was in the middle of a divorce, and since I am a woman, (okay now, most of you will be tuned out), I wasn't here for sex ... but this shouldn't only be because I am a woman. I came here for a vacation to meet some friends of mine in Koh Samui for 2 weeks. After that I had a 3- 4 week trip alone planned in Viet Nam. After that, I just couldn't face returning home, so made a quick plan to visit Chiang Mai for 3 days or more, depending on how I liked it. Stayed 3 weeks. Went home for 2 weeks, and then came back for about 6 weeks.

Because of my divorce I had been kicked out of my job/business and had nothing to do, but had to go back to do divorce things and to take care of my house and dogs. I also never drank alcohol once I found out I was getting divorced. I didn't drink much before, but once I found out many bad things about my husband was afraid maybe I would get drunk and try to kill him, not succeed due to no good plan, end up in jail from a half assed plan gone bad, also that I might lose control because I hadn't had any alcohol for a year and if a drank now, could very well lose control, you see what I mean??? So, when I first came to Thailand, I didn't have sex and didn't drink, even though I couldn't kill him from here, I could get drunk and call him, and didn't want to do that either. So far from being a saint, I had reasons to control myself and did that for the first few years I was here. I was going back and forth at first. You can enjoy Thailand, there are many things to do here without sex or drinking, however, you can still fall prey to the ripoffs and the nice Thai people who just want to be your friends because they just want to commission on everything you do.

To the people who can't wait to write me to say I was a sucker because I needed sex, please save it for someone else, I don't need your pathetic remarks and have received them other times when I have written the same things. I will show you no mercy if you write me these things. Anyway, I stand by my remarks, there are times in ones life when sex and alcohol play no good part and still Thailand can do you good but you should still be wary of the people out there who will take advantage of your weakness.

I can hear barking dogs :o

I agree life without booze and cheap sex is wonderfull. Just try to recall when you were a kid: little money, out and about, no hangovers, clear head, a force for good. I think life without drinking from the devils cup can be more fullfilling than people imagine.

* note to mod. - i dont think you have to censor the word sex and i cant understand why you find the OP's question ridiculous (strange)

Observer, I'm glad you took the trouble :D to read my OP in the spirit it was intended.

There was absolutely no offence, malice or discrimination in my mind then or now. :D

Nor did I mention the above (in red) - quite the reverse in fact. :D

I merely implied that I'm no angel, so could not comment negatively on the virtue of others. :o

Puerly theoretical. :o

I hope I've made that clear, and to anyone who feels I should wise up - hear this - I'm already wise enough for most general situations. :D

BTW, I've suffered with migraine attacks since my teenage; I've never found a cure but I have learned what to avoid and alcohol in excess is top of the list. :bah:

As for the other, well.......................in moderation it does tend to clear my head at times. ;)

AND AT LEAST THE BLööDY THREAD IS ABOUT THAILAND - SORT OF. :bah:

Edited by qwertz

Quote MTW: Anyway, I stand by my remarks, there are times in ones life when sex and alcohol play no good part and still Thailand can do you good but you should still be wary of the people out there who will take advantage of your weakness.

Well said, thank you MTW.

Ofcourse some may come to thailand to fullfill the lust until they run dry.

If you not here for women and sex, on one hand it is also a great thing too so you can have more free time because your not having anymore sex , so you can focus on other things Thailand has to offer . Who knows the outcome of it may worth far more then having sex. It can be a good opportunity to find out the other great things about yourself and thailand & its cultures besides what you can do in bed.

But what if?

i suggest a pilgrimage on his knees to Lourdes and after successful completion visiting the Vatican. :o

Thailand has lots to offer the celibate and sober tourist, as a 20 year old whitey from blighty I was invited on a 10 day magical mystery tour of the Boonrawd brewery and Mekhong distillery, was all a bit of a blur really :D must have had a great time,woke up with my leave pay still in my wallet, 2 traditional thai tattoos on my shoulders!! and 3 rolls of film that it took me 6 months to pluck up the courage and have developed :D all good clean family snaps, have been trying to replicate this holiday for the last 40 years :D as far as celibacy goes, my wife tries to give me away every time we are in Los, but I must admit love the country and the people and even as a registered Old Fart :o Lao Khao still Rocks my Boat :D Nignoy

Nignoy, long time no see!

I see you're keeping yourself suitably occupied.

I reckon you could have fun on your memories alone.

I hope to have an old farts tete a tete with you and Dr. Naam and a couple of other relics soon.

To Observer:

A few well behaved barking dogs are much better than a case of HIV, one or two divorces, some bar girls who cheated me out of a house, car and a bank account, as well as my heart, and those barking dogs, are still there loving me, barking 10 minutes a day, or less, in most cases, costing me less then 1000 baht a month, protecting me, loving me, and should be here doing the same for about 15 years each. I hope you have equal luck with as little expense with each of your women, and that they don't cause too much noise for your neighbors.