October 22, 20223 yr Did anybody here bought bamboo ladder? I inquired about them in my village and I was told price depends on the length. And that price is 100 Baht per step! Which seems to me absolutely insanely expensive. Material is free and it is made by same kind of people who are paid 200 Baht/day working on a rice field. But maybe I'm wrong and these few stick put together are worth 1500 Baht?
October 22, 20223 yr Popular Post What is a price of bamboo ladder? About 250,000 THB when it comes apart and you break a hip.
October 22, 20223 yr I bought one a few years ago now ( maybe 4 ? ), 5 metres ( 11 steps ) for 400 baht. Prices might have increased but that 100 baht per step seems a lot .
October 22, 20223 yr 10 minutes ago, connda said: What is a price of bamboo ladder? About 250,000 THB when it comes apart and you break a hip. Yes, they do need wiring at each rung to keep the rails together. Use the thick steel wire you can find that is still flexible and run a length under each rung and round the rails at each end. I also found the rungs to be quite far apart and make for a nervous descent ! Edited October 22, 20223 yr by Andrew Dwyer
October 22, 20223 yr People are paying thousand of USD for a iPhone... People who assembled them are paid PEANUTS.. Nothing is free.
October 22, 20223 yr I paid 600thb like 5 yrs ago. There's a difference in the sturdiness, as difference in price. I used it to pain the house. Never again, now when I need ladders I buy the best, most expensive one I can find. Plus the bamboo ones don't stand the test of time.
October 23, 20223 yr On 10/22/2022 at 11:11 AM, AndyAndyAndy said: Material is free and it is made by same kind of people who are paid 200 Baht/day working on a rice field. But maybe I'm wrong Yes, you are damn wrong. The material is free? Prior to working with a clean straight piece of bamboo, somebody needs to cut it somewhere and bring to the working place. Then, about your rate 200 Baht/day? Waste of time to comment. Which Thailand do you live in? Edited October 23, 20223 yr by Saanim
October 25, 20223 yr Make your own it's not difficult. Reinforce each step with a coat hanget twisted tight, and check each step as your ascend gingerly. I've made several over the years, and they last well if you keep them dry, and stored off the ground. Put some rubber under the feet if you use it to climb into the attic.
November 14, 20223 yr Bamboo is not free,rice workers in mY area get 400 to 500tb each day,Bamboo ladders are dangerous unless your 50kg,just o to global and buy a proper one. Have a nice day.
Create an account or sign in to comment