Non-O Multiple at Savannakhet

Hi everyone,

Seems the multiple marriage visa is still available at Savannakhet. I have heard rumours that I need to bring my wife with me. But if I am sure that all my docs are in order, is this really necessary?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Edited by bangkok blue
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, bangkok blue said:

But if I am sure that all my docs are in order, is this really necessary?

Here are requirements I pinched from ubonjoe post on this topic in another thread. 

And no your wife does not need go with you. 

https://savannakhet.thaiembassy.org/th/publicservice/non-immigrant-visa-o-visiting-family-member-of-a-thai-nationality-a-sp?page=5d84a44c15e39c26b400453e&menu=5d84a44c15e39c26b400453f

Edited by DrJack54
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, KhaoYai said:

Pre Covid you needed a letter of invitation from your wife.

There was no guide as to what the letter should say but mine was just a letter asking that the visa be granted to allow 'my husband to visit me in Thailand'.

Yes. Very simple and straightforward.

Not so an online application for a non O single entry 90 day stay based on marriage e-visa through Paris, France done late June. My wife wrote one in manuscript on lined paper asking that the visa "be granted so my husband can visit me in Thailand". Just as she had done pre Covid when I went to the  Savannaket Embassy in person and which was granted without question.  The Paris Embassy application sat "awaiting document check" for 2 weeks. So I emailed expressing my growing concern as my flight was on 14 July. . I was then told the signed and dated invitation letter should be typed, not in  manuscript,  A4 plain white format, addressed to the Ambassador at the Paris Embassy postal address and with the address where I would stay with her in Thailand, the dates of and length of my stay, and her phone number, all of which were requested and provided by me in the online application before getting to uploading of supporting documents.

(By the way the need for an invitation letter was not mentioned on this Embassy website nor as far I could see on the e-visa site. It just pops up as a required document at the uploading stage). 

With little time left I complained that the format and contents of such letter were nowhere flagged up and it was now too late to get her to comply. To cut a stressful story short in the end after much tooing and froing with them by email with in the end grovelling one from me the application was moved up to  " awaiting  approval". That approval an the e- visa appeared in my inbox on the way to the airport where I had to find someone to print it out for me as the approval advised a printed version of the  e- visa would be, and was,  required at Immigration at Suvarnabhumi.

Funny thing is that I had previously in December 2021 made a successful e-visa application for the same visa through this Embassy and they accepted the basic manuscript invitation letter. When I pointed this out they replied that each application was treated in isolation and this was of no relevance. But I think perhaps it was when referred up.

On 10/22/2022 at 9:29 PM, DrJack54 said:

Here are requirements I pinched from ubonjoe post on this topic in another thread. 

And no your wife does not need go with you. 

https://savannakhet.thaiembassy.org/th/publicservice/non-immigrant-visa-o-visiting-family-member-of-a-thai-nationality-a-sp?page=5d84a44c15e39c26b400453e&menu=5d84a44c15e39c26b400453f

Do they require the KR3 (confirmation of marriage document) too?

7 minutes ago, TEFLKrabi said:

Do they require the KR3 (confirmation of marriage document) too?

A Kor Ror 3 is your marriage certificate. A Kor Ror 2 is the marriage registry you can get from a Amphoe. 

I have seen no recent report of Savannakhet wanting a Kor Ror 2.

• Thumbs Up 1