Getting around

Richem

Hi Guys,

My family and I are heading to Patong mid November 2022. We will be hiring a car for a week. Regarding the current roads situation can we drive from Patong to:

1. Kata/Nai Harn/Rawai areas

2. Chalong area

3. Kamala/ Surin areas

Without to much detouring or am I dreaming.

Cheers.

12 minutes ago, skatewash said:

Yes.

The routes you mention (1-3) are all accessible from Patong without any detouring required at all.  However, bear in mind that the Patong-Kathu road (the main road into Patong carrying about 80% of all traffic into and out of Patong) will almost certainly be closed or restricted, meaning that the routes you mention will all have correspondingly more traffic that would otherwise be using that closed/restricted route.

Also, note that the Kata-Chalong road has construction on it (restricted to one lane in the 
Chalong to Kata direction) due to a road slip that occurred more than a year ago.  That one, a smaller landslide than the recent one in Patong, has been under reconstruction for well over a year.  Traffic between Kata and Chalong has been light, but that will probably increase due to detours from the closed Patong-Kathu road.

So, basically, other than experiencing higher traffic (and therefore perhaps delays) on the routes you mention you should be otherwise unaffected by the current situation.

Thank you very much for giving the time on a solid response.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1