Purchasing land in Isaan.

Jaunty

On 10/25/2022 at 7:12 AM, hotchilli said:

Very sound advice.

Don't know if it's standard however in my case my permission is needed to sell the land until I die.

If son passes away his will states ownership passes equally to his 3 kids but usufruct remains in place.

My son specicically wanted this, he has serious concerns if he passes his in laws will try to pressure his kids to sell the land and house and then demand/harrass his wife and kids to share with them a large % of the proceeds.

And having observed their attitudes, morals, behaviors* for many years I very much support my son's actions to keep me in control of the land for the foreseeable future.  

*Another young family member (Aayoung achiever) bought a new Honda sedan, his older scaly cousins appeared, took the keys and drove away. Police caught up with them, they claimed they were entitled because they are older. 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, KhunLA said:

At present the AQI is just OK, though still 3X WHO recommendation.  Do consider though, burning season hasn't even truly kicked in yet.  AQIs use to be OK till Dec, then end of Nov, then mid Nov, now as early as Oct, they're are going downhill.

I agree. I have no idea why this happened?  Do you? 

But in the end the reason doesn't really matter.  The only livable places in Thailand will be (or are already) the South.  

If one doesn't want to live in a place of mass tourism, this leaves very few choices.

Search for a woman that you trust and/or control and put it in her name.
I would not waste my precious life time being with a woman that I could not trust, how can you even look into a mirror like that?

I bought our house here from a French guy. Was in the name of his wife. No issues. He got the money, they left together to France.

Now it is in the name of my wife and I wanted to sell it. No issues, it is up for sale and as soon as it is sold we will move out of country together.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 10/24/2022 at 2:18 PM, Jaunty said:

Appreciate the advice. I won't be living there. 

If you're the person to be mentioned as the person who must give approval for the land/property to be sold there is no requirement that you must reside at the property on which the usufruct is being recorded.  

• Like 1

On 10/27/2022 at 12:18 AM, FarAway said:

Search for a woman that you trust and/or control and put it in her name.
I would not waste my precious life time being with a woman that I could not trust, how can you even look into a mirror like that?

I bought our house here from a French guy. Was in the name of his wife. No issues. He got the money, they left together to France.

Now it is in the name of my wife and I wanted to sell it. No issues, it is up for sale and as soon as it is sold we will move out of country together.

Excellent.

You do understand that not all stories end up with a happy ending.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, jak2002003 said:

Yes, that is what the Thai lawyer will tell you and, in theory it is correct.   Just wait till 'innoraxrice' though.  

Not Thai lawyer. The land office when I signed the forms.

As for changes, I doubt it. Itt comes under the marriage law, regardless of nationality. 

2 hours ago, puchooay said:

Not Thai lawyer. The land office when I signed the forms.

As for changes, I doubt it. Itt comes under the marriage law, regardless of nationality. 

Does this mean that if wifee decides to sell the land she cannot without my signature? And specifically what forms are you referring to?

Edited by Jaunty

24 minutes ago, Jaunty said:

Does this mean that if wifee decides to sell the land she cannot without my signature? And specifically what forms are you referring to?

Yes. 

There are forms that you need to sign at the land registry office. It proves the land was bought by a married couple.

Edited by puchooay