10m meth pills seized in Thailand’s Maha Sarakham and Roi Et provinces

snoop1130

9EF5ED0C-F2E1-4E83-8EE8-1D39B0C95B89.jpeg

Thai police recently seized about 10 million methamphetamine tablets, arrested five suspects and confiscated three vehicles in two separate incidents in the country’s north-eastern provinces.

In the first, a police unit was dispatched to a gas station in Maha Sarakham province, after they were informed that a large haul of meth pills was to be smuggled across the border from Laos, via Mukdahan province and through Roi Et Province, to Maha Sarakham.

When two suspect vehicles, a van and a sedan, entered apetrol station, undercover police swooped.

Full Story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/10m-meth-pills-seized-in-thailands-maha-sarakham-and-roi-et-provinces/

Logo-top-.png

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2022-10-24

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Smart move by the police. Amazing how well informed they are on the routing of drug shipments.

A few busts makes it look like they are doing  something.

Reducing the supply helps raise the price, which in some reports has dipped to 14 baht per pill, form the already historical low of 20 baht per pill.

The country runs on meth, and it is sad that entire generations are meth heads.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

Reducing the supply helps raise the price, which in some reports has dipped to 14 baht per pill, form the already historical low of 20 baht per pill.

I think you will find it is now 10 Baht a pill or even lower ...............

It is a nice story, but I wonder if 10,000,000 pills can be produced in about five minutes or not....

this is a difficult war.    maybe just kill-on-the-spot for violators.....that might be a good incentive to not be a mule.  if caught, killed immediately.    They do this in the Philippines I think, and there have been like 15,000 killings under investigation for not really being drug related but said they were drug related.   OK, bad idea.

no solution from me.....not yet!!!!  

18 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Thai police recently seized about 10 million methamphetamine tablets, arrested five suspects and confiscated three vehicles in two separate incidents in the country’s north-eastern provinces.

I'm sure all the confiscated articles will be re-distributed wisely.

• Thumbs Up 1