Live rock / metal clubs in BKK (2022)?

sallecc

Hi all, I didn't find any sub-forum for live music scene, so I'll put it here:

We'll be visiting BKK (from Phuket) next month for Guns 'N' Roses show (well that's all what we got here in Asia, lol) at Thunderdome stadium (Nov/9 = Wednesday), and later that night we plan to check out some live metal / rock clubs in BKK...  Google says "The Rock Pub" (near Ratchathewi station) is quite good...  Any other local recommendations? We will stay in Sukhumvit 16, but we don't mind long taxi ride to find a good club... Thanks, Alex

• Haha 1

Used to be a great metal bar on Wireless Road...The Metal Zone. Think it's moved since Covid. There's a great band named "Hard Boy" and if you Google them or find them on Facebook, can see where they're playing. Also a really old band called Tornado who've been around since mid-90s. 

If ever in Pattaya/Jomtien be sure to hit Take Care Bar. The band (start every night at 8:30) is very good and can really nail most requests. From AC/DC, Black Sabbath and Disturbed to Linkin Park, Pink Floyd, Van Halen & ZZ Top. Did "Whole Lotta Rosie" recently and killed itFab ???? player. Often wonder why he's in Jomtien⁉️

• Thanks 1

On 10/26/2022 at 9:19 AM, charmonman said:

Five Star on soi cowboy always has a band that does good covers of a lot of hard rock stuff.

I don't know the name of the place , second bar up soi cowboy on the lhs next to Country Road bar. Small venue, but sensible prices on drinks and the band do great covers. 

12 minutes ago, Ashaz666 said:

Five Star on soi cowboy always has a band that does good covers of a lot of hard rock stuff.

-------------

Is that up and running again as we speak?

I don't know most of the names of the bars there, however I was there Friday last, busy as ever and looked like 90%+ of the venues now open.

On 10/31/2022 at 6:37 AM, DaLa said:

I don't know most of the names of the bars there, however I was there Friday last, busy as ever and looked like 90%+ of the venues now open.

Thanks, sounds like 5 Star, a long, thin place.

It used to be great but went all soft music.

The great band was still ruined when a tourist asked to join in.