Sakon Nakhon - Immigration office new location

Moonlover

Well apart from being out of town that's good news. The previous office was cramped and awful for us "customers" and the staff. Bet the staff are happy. And it was right next to SWAT HQ???? 

Haven't been since the Kalasin IO opened. Better than SN old office but not fancy, small front office with a greeter who is happy to answers questions from dumb farang like me and checks paperwork. Larger back office. Relaxed atmosphere, copier service below and plenty parking ( may have to pay 10 baht) even though in city centre.

Give my regards to the police captain at SN next time you go in!

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, MrJ2U said:

Thanks for the information.

They definitely needed a new place.

Old place could be pretty cramped.  Nicest staff including the officers I ever came across. 

Oh most definitely a big improvement. Plenty of parking and good loo facilities out back. Photo of new building below. You need to go past it and do a U turn at the airport terminal. 

So sorry @EVENKEEL I've no idea what they charge for residence letters. I have a yellow house book, so I've no need for one.

SK New Imm office.jpg

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Oh most definitely a big improvement. Plenty of parking and good loo facilities out back. Photo of new building below. You need to go past it and do a U turn at the airport terminal. 

So sorry @EVENKEEL I've no idea what they charge for residence letters. I have a yellow house book, so I've no need for one.

SK New Imm office.jpg

They just need a 7/11!

• Haha 1

For those of you interested and not up to speed, as I wasn't as of today, Sakon Nakhon Immigration office has moved addresses.

Rang them this morning and advised them that I had a marriage extension and wanted to know if I had to report to them after returning from an overseas trip recently, answer to my question was NO, oh ok then, thanks.

Wife then asks me, what about me, do I have to go to report to them that you are staying with me as I am the holder of the house book, answer to her question, I have no idea Tiruk. 

Wife rings Sakon Nakhon immigration and asks same question, answer, yes, because if you don't, you will pay a 2,000 baht fine. Oh, then why didn't you tell my husband that when he rang you a minute ago, hmm, I didn't speak to your husband, must have been someone else, hmm, ok then I will come in now she says, ok, but did you know we have moved addresses as of this month, no, ok then, come to the the road that takes you to Sakon Nakhon Airport and you will see us in our new building along that road, ok then wife says.

Wife drives to air force base on the main road, no not here, you have to go to Sakon Nakhon Airport, turn around and go back that way and turn right at the main intersection and follow the signs...LOL

An hour and 20 minutes later, we arrive, wife goes to front counter, yes says the I/O, wife says have to report my that my husband is back from an overseas trip, I/O, oh ok, but why did you drive all the way here (1 hour 2), you can do it on line now Grrrrr.......

Anyways, they have moved for those of you who didn't know and please feel free to spread the word.

Edited by 4MyEgo

I was confronted at Lotus and gave directions to a Uk chap 2 days ago .He was searching for for few hours and couldn’t speak Thai to get directions.

Edited by riclag

I hated going there for extension renewals and the corrupt officials in that place.

I was so pleased when Kalasin opened its own immigration office.

A far more friendly office and you just pay the required fees, without pressure for tea money!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

I hated going there for extension renewals and the corrupt officials in that place.

I was so pleased when Kalasin opened its own immigration office.

A far more friendly office and you just pay the required fees, without pressure for tea money!

Just to balance the comments on this thread, my last 5 marriage extensions have all been at the Sakon Nakhon office and I have never once been asked for any monies other than that due for the services rendered.

5 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

Just to balance the comments on this thread, my last 5 marriage extensions have all been at the Sakon Nakhon office and I have never once been asked for any monies other than that due for the services rendered.

I didn't pay Tea Money but was charged 1000 thb for residence cert.

2 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:
2 hours ago, Moonlover said:

2 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

I didn't pay Tea Money but was charged 1000 thb for residence cert.

A charge made for a service rendered. Well who'd have believed it! If I recall correctly it was the same at Udon Thani office as well.

4 hours ago, Moonlover said:

Well I always was asked.

From " Do you want to sponsor our football team " and we can do your extension this morning...to " I am going on my lunch, if you want quick service, speak to my colleague "

Even worse, come back tomorrow!

So, we may have different experiences,  but don't imply mine was wrong.

I hated that office.

And " for balance" this has never occurred in Kalasin!

Edited by Scouse123

23 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

You were lucky. Last time I went they had a spotty teenager there who, when I asked a question, just giggled. Very professional.

Yes. I had that in 2020. Very frustrating. Then I left Thailand and did not return until this year when the quarantine requirements were relaxed then lifted. New visa entry so my wife had to do new foreigner staying notification. He was the greeter and paperwork checker then and again when I applied for a residency certificate and 1 year extension. Named Nat. Excellent English.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/2/2022 at 8:24 AM, Kalasin Jo said:
On 11/1/2022 at 12:02 PM, Moonlover said:

A charge made for a service rendered. Well who'd have believed it! If I recall correctly it was the same at Udon Thani office as well.

On 11/2/2022 at 8:24 AM, Kalasin Jo said:

But surely not 1,000 baht?

Yes, I was charged 1,000 Baht at Udon Thani. I recall commenting to my wife that it cost me more to get the letter than it did to get 2 driving licenses. And then DLT ignored the letter and put my previous address on the new licenses. I had to go back and get them changed!

On 11/1/2022 at 8:34 AM, Bangkok Barry said:

You were lucky. Last time I went they had a spotty teenager there who, when I asked a question, just giggled. Very professional.

Had that experience back in 2020. Better, much better now. Of course it may not last. 

9 minutes ago, Kalasin Jo said:
On 11/1/2022 at 8:34 AM, Bangkok Barry said:

Had that experience back in 2020. Better, much better now. Of course it may not last. 

Went there this week, and an actual IO waiting for something to do drew my wife and I inside. He was smiling and wanting to be helpful, which when you've never experienced that from an IO in 26 years was a little unnerving.

Then he spoiled things by giving me completely the wrong information, according those on this site who know better. If you want a five-minute read the link is here: https://aseannow.com/topic/1274346-marriage-extension-quandary/