Video: No injuries but so close to potential death for many!

webfact

image.jpeg

Picture: Siam Rath

Extraordinary footage - even by Thai driving standards - was recorded at a T-junction in Suphanburi yesterday evening from two angles.

An 18 wheel truck laden with water was going towards U-Thong district when it failed to stop in time at lights turning red.

A six wheel truck pulled out after getting a green light and was very close to colliding.

The driver of the water truck managed to swerve then miss other cars waiting on the other side of the road.

One car managed to back up to avoid a collision.

The truck mounted the central kerb before coming to a halt on the right side of the road again.

Many people in both the trucks and cars at the lights could have been injured or even killed.

There was only damage to the truck's tires and water containers all over the road, that helpful locals were seen clearing up, reported Siam Rath

asean_now_BB.jpg

-- © Copyright  ASEAN NOW 2022-10-29

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Monthly car subscription with first-class insurance, 24x7 assistance and more in one price - click here to find out more!

Get your business in front of millions of customers who read ASEAN NOW with an interest in Thailand every month - email [email protected] for more information

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Moonlover said:

Always check before you go at traffic lights! Green does NOT means it's all clear. Very lucky all round here.

agree.... majority of Thais are color blind, thus better safer then sorry

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

agree.... majority of Thais are color blind, thus better safer then sorry

Are they really? I just thought they couldn't be bothered to stop, I see many large 6 wheelers going through red lights tooting there horn, is it to warn other road users that there colour blind & there not stopping? 

Years ago I was on the route 32 heading north at Manorom and the lights went red, so I stopped in the right lane,

It was lucky that I was in that lane as two loaded truck/trailers went through without even slowing down. Even more lucky were the cars coming from the right to cross in front of me as they were able to stop in time.

I think that if I were in the centre or left lane I would have been flattened.

26 minutes ago, Bazerino said:

Are they really? I just thought they couldn't be bothered to stop, I see many large 6 wheelers going through red lights tooting there horn, is it to warn other road users that there colour blind & there not stopping? 

Went to renew my 5 year licence and half of the 15 people with me got the red, amber and green colours wrong. 

5 hours ago, billd766 said:

Years ago I was on the route 32 heading north at Manorom and the lights went red, so I stopped in the right lane,

It was lucky that I was in that lane as two loaded truck/trailers went through without even slowing down. Even more lucky were the cars coming from the right to cross in front of me as they were able to stop in time.

I think that if I were in the centre or left lane I would have been flattened.

I had the same exact thing happen to me about 7 years ago too.  I was left feeling if I had been in the left lane I would have been flattened. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, webfact said:

Many people in both the trucks and cars at the lights could have been injured or even killed.

You can just PIN this sentence to the top of almost every single article.   Every second here this is probably true somewhere.  and not just LOS!!!  lol

22 hours ago, carlyai said:

Went to renew my 5 year licence and half of the 15 people with me got the red, amber and green colours wrong. 

Did they fail to get their license renewed? Another thing, and this does not apply only to Thailand. Nobody should be allowed to test anyones eyesight except qualified opticians.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, possum1931 said:

Did they fail to get their license renewed? Another thing, and this does not apply only to Thailand. Nobody should be allowed to test anyones eyesight except qualified opticians.

No. They were critcised by the tester and encouraged by other people in the line.

Was a simple test, tester pointed to Red, Amber or Green and you had to say the colour. 

Maybe they were shy, tester pointing to Red and the person saying Green. So many of them, hard to understand.

2 hours ago, carlyai said:

No. They were critcised by the tester and encouraged by other people in the line.

Was a simple test, tester pointed to Red, Amber or Green and you had to say the colour. 

Maybe they were shy, tester pointing to Red and the person saying Green. So many of them, hard to understand.

The point I am making is that the only people who are qualified to test anyone's eyesight properly are opticians.