Nirun Grande Ville

JimTripper

3 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Isn't Nirun a bar girl getto which many falang quite like? rooms are 3k to 6k a month, looks depressing from the outside but lot's of people like it

I'm not sure, that's why I'm asking.

What I need is a cheap as possible place that's still livable and safe, but not so cheap that an American would be uncomfortable living there. I don't care how the outside looks and don't care who else lives there as long as they don't bug me. I also don't want to be around any sort of illegal drug activity.

I have seen rooms online that look decent, but I never hear of anyone living there and it's extremely cheap and a huge central building, so I wonder why.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, JimTripper said:

I'm not sure, that's why I'm asking.

What I need is a cheap as possible place that's still livable and safe, but not so cheap that an American would be uncomfortable living there. I don't care how the outside looks and don't care who else lives there as long as they don't bug me. I also don't want to be around any sort of illegal drug activity.

I have seen rooms online that look decent, but I never hear of anyone living there and it's extremely cheap and a huge central building, so I wonder why.

You can find condos elsewhere for 5k+ that are more upbeat but check Nirun out and see if you like the vibe

Some years ago I knew a German guy who live there. He seemed to find it quite OK. I visited only once to deliver some food to him and it seemed fine inside as far as I was concerned. Certainly not squalid or dangerous.  Sadly he was later found dead in his room. Suicide apparently....

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, JimTripper said:

What I need is a cheap as possible place that's still livable and safe, but not so cheap that an American would be uncomfortable living there.

What defines an American's needs... in Texas and Florida they live in trailers! In The Hampton's it is mansions. Some of these places will let you view vacant properties.

• Haha 1

Just now, scubascuba3 said:

Some of those places look ok inside others depressing, but you can't polish a turd

Oh I agree, had a pal who was a Cheap Charlie and I visited a few of these places, yes I found them depressing in minutes, heaven forbid staying there any time. My pal had bought a couple and sold them easily and for a profit! 

• Like 1

OP, Nirun has always been a cheap place, back before covid it was very cheap compared to other places. But nowadays, there are lots of new build nicer condos that can be 5k a month. So its less attractive for people on a budjet.

I know a couple of guys who lived there, reasonably safe/secure, with no real problems. Its low rent, buy doesn't mean everyone that lives there is low rent.

Edited by Peterw42

On 10/30/2022 at 5:06 AM, jastheace said:

its fine. 4k for low rise, 6 k for high rise. a little more if newly done out or higher end.

Lots of newer, full of facilities condos in Jomtien, for 6-8k, not far from the beach.

Why consider Nirun, a very old building with questionable tenants?

PM me if you want the contact for my agent, who has many wonderful places in Jomtien, cheap.

Edited by CanadaSam
Added last line.

59 minutes ago, topthai said:

Also consider Pattaya pad condo if you don't need swimming pool, big room for around 5000 and much less noisy as others ones.

Thanks. That's more what I was looking for. Completely anonymous places that attract zero attention, but are still relatively, safe, clean, cheap and central. That area just east of Nirun looks like the area I need.

Not sure why I prefer it, people like different things. ????‍♂️

Yes, all the old poorly kempt Falang walking from Nurin setting up hunched over on the benches for hours inside Big C.

I went with a friend who heard about a 800,000 b condo for sale there.

I thought it was one of the worst places I have been in Pattaya.

• Like 1

There was a lengthy thread on Nirun last year. A friend of my GF had a room at Nirun. Big room and it was nice inside. It was just getting to the room. The approach, the lift lobby and then the hallway with all the security grills on the doors. Resembled a prison. People around there were ok but I never walked in at night. 

1 hour ago, soi3eddie said:

There was a lengthy thread on Nirun last year. A friend of my GF had a room at Nirun. Big room and it was nice inside. It was just getting to the room. The approach, the lift lobby and then the hallway with all the security grills on the doors. Resembled a prison. People around there were ok but I never walked in at night. 

Yep, it's still there. You even commented there back in March 2021. Still relevant today.

• Thanks 1