Biden to join ASEAN summit, Harris to attend APEC

webfact

Biden might need to be reminded over the fact, that his predecessor Obama did not leave a lasting trail on his visit to the Cambodian capital. Wondering, what else will be the outcome apart from a fantastic bill of Biden's little sojourn on the expense of the American tax payer. 

The elder folks among us might remember much better, how John Gunther Dean left Phnom Penh like a thief just before the Khmer Rouge rolled in almost 50 years ago. Dean was haunted for the rest of his life for having been forced to a part of US gunned foreign policy, those days under Nixon/Ford and ol' buddy Kissinger ????  

8 hours ago, bradiston said:

So Prayut only gets the VP for the 24/7 heralded APEC in Bangkok, while across the border, his chum Hun Sen gets the POTUS. Hmm. How will they spin this one out?

Sure but will the PM actually have maningul, valuable, clear discussions of real benfit to Thailand with anybody?

• Thumbs Up 1

30 minutes ago, Sydebolle said:

Biden might need to be reminded over the fact, that his predecessor Obama did not leave a lasting trail on his visit to the Cambodian capital. Wondering, what else will be the outcome apart from a fantastic bill of Biden's little sojourn on the expense of the American tax payer. 

The elder folks among us might remember much better, how John Gunther Dean left Phnom Penh like a thief just before the Khmer Rouge rolled in almost 50 years ago. Dean was haunted for the rest of his life for having been forced to a part of US gunned foreign policy, those days under Nixon/Ford and ol' buddy Kissinger ????  

Sure fantastic bill, just like trumps hotels scamming the US public with unnecessarily expensive  rooms for the secret service, the FBA and more at his hotels, all breaking policy. 

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

OK, tell me exactly how Biden would do that in the next 2 years when he potentially cannot pass anything in the house and senate after the mid-terms ? 

Then he will tie the legislative successes achieved by the previous Republican controlled Congress under POTUS Trump. Zilch.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, bradiston said:

So Prayut only gets the VP for the 24/7 heralded APEC in Bangkok, while across the border, his chum Hun Sen gets the POTUS. Hmm. How will they spin this one out?

Without the VP on hand to steer him when his gyro topples Joe could get lost in the ruins of Ankor Wat never to be seen again. At least he will avoid being gouged by Thai Customs to import his armoured car.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Pattaya Spotter said:

It looks likely Joe Biden will be a lame duck by then...so both will likely be ignored by the other attending world leaders ????????????

Well at least he is attending demonstrating US commitment to the region unlike the previous POTUS who didn't attend the last meeting in PNG and was not missed. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Be an up and coming lame duck president with absolutely no power in the house and senate to pass anything by then. After the up and coming mid-term disaster, talk is they will get him to resign to save themselves for the next election - problem is, the person under him is even more useless than he is

Perhaps they can do two impeachments together and that would leave the new leader of the house the President.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Sparktrader said:

Count the number of states correctly. Not fall down every 2nd day. Not walk around in circles looking for the exit.

I cant see Biden lasting 6 months. Total embarrassment.

Nearly 2 years already!

On 10/31/2022 at 5:55 AM, 2baht said:

The Chinese have beaten you by a country mile, Joe! Anyway, better late than never! See if Hun Sen will let you develop a deep water port and a military air base there! ????

Will have to see what will happen in the future. The Chinese stock market took a 6 trillion dollar hit with the Xi for life party leader.  I hate to say this here but, I think the US should do exactly what it is doing. Just wait it out a few more years.

On 10/31/2022 at 6:24 AM, Srikcir said:

Now China is facing some of its greatest economic growth challenges, high national debt and virtual collapse of its Silk Road economic strategy. The US is still an international economic powerhouse with the world's largest economy since 1871.

I have read the China debt to GDP is the highest in the world and the Chinese are printing the Yuan faster than any currency in history. Also the rich Chinese are bailing out faster than a rat on a sinking ship. 

I don't have any political agenda what so ever but kinda curious what will happen in the next few years.

56 minutes ago, Gknrd said:

I have read the China debt to GDP is the highest in the world and the Chinese are printing the Yuan faster than any currency in history. Also the rich Chinese are bailing out faster than a rat on a sinking ship. 

I don't have any political agenda what so ever but kinda curious what will happen in the next few years.

The baht has proven stronger than the Japanese yen, Malaysian ringgit and Chinese yuan year-to-date. That's good for improving economic growth.

But for Prayut's 8-year focus on economic growth largely dependent on Chinese tourism, there must be significant redirection for sources to drive economic growth, ie., more emphasis on export of goods & services. Thailand must also raise its bond yields.

• Like 1