Kasikorn Bank - expired ATM card renewal

Just a heads up. Just returned from overseas and wanted to renew my ATM card. Rang Call Centre who said no problems at any branch. Went to branch in Bangkok who refused to issue new card, withdraw funds or close account as I didn't have a copy of my expired passport with which I originally opened the account. Refused to call branch where I had my account to obtain original passport details. Now have to travel to Jomtien where my account is now located. Hopefully will not have a repeat experience

17 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

If you have K-Bank, why are you not using the mobile app and using it to withdraw funds from the ATM instead of using an ATM card

The app puts cash in your hand?  Some of us actually still use cash for payments.  And when paying electronically use a bank card.  Phones are for talking to many of us elders.  ????‍????

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

The app puts cash in your hand?  Some of us actually still use cash for payments.  And when paying electronically use a bank card.  Phones are for talking to many of us elders.  ????‍????

Yes the App puts cash in your hand at the ATM machine, you use the withdrawal function in the upper right of the app, and then select the amount you want dispensed.  The Kasikorn Bank ATM's also have a button on the lower left of the screen for this withdrawal and after you have set up the withdrawl on your phones app, a QR code then appears on the ATM Screen which you scan with the K-Bank App QR code reader which verifies it is your request, you then push the confirm button on the ATM Machine and then on your phone.  The money is then dispensed just like using an ATM card and shows in your balance on the APP. Easy to use.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

Yes the App puts cash in your hand at the ATM machine, you use the withdrawal function in the upper right of the app, and then select the amount you want dispensed.  The Kasikorn Bank ATM's also have a button on the lower left of the screen for this withdrawal and after you have set up the withdrawl on your phones app, a QR code then appears on the ATM Screen which you scan with the K-Bank App QR code reader which verifies it is your request, you then push the confirm button on the ATM Machine and then on your phone.  The money is then dispensed just like using an ATM card and shows in your balance on the APP. Easy to use.

Sounds harder than a card insert to me (but understand likely easy after doing once or twice) - and might be an option if he has the app - but likely can not get the app without ID and current passport is not listed as account holder (not just K-Bank serious on that rule).  

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Sparktrader said:

Change bank. Terrible service.

Not terrible but standard procedure.

If you get a new passport work on the to-do list and register it at:

immigration

bank(s)

SIM card(s)

? what else

59 minutes ago, Sparktrader said:

Open a wise account.

And then?

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Sounds harder than a card insert to me (but understand likely easy after doing once or twice) - and might be an option if he has the app - but likely can not get the app without ID and current passport is not listed as account holder (not just K-Bank serious on that rule).  

Correct, if he does not have the app then he needs to install it on his phone, but he needs the banks help on the initial set-up as it can not be done over wifi, and you must use your phones data to initially set it up.  Glad I am a little tech savy.  I had to teach my father these things and how to use a smart cellphone as up until 2017 he had the flip type phone which was only for calls and nothing else. He traded it in for a Samsung S-6 back then, and boy was he in for a world of surprises.  After he loaded it all up he used it more than his computer to look at his accounts and Facebook.

Original Nokia 6085 - (Unlocked) Cellular Phone Flip Phone Free Shipping | eBay

Just replaced my Kasikorn Bank ATM card a month or two ago, after forgetting it at an ATM.  No issues, though I was not at my home branch.  I've had that amount since 2004, and don't know if I have ever updated my passport info.  I think I've only been in my home branch once in the last ten years.

1 minute ago, allane said:

Just replaced my Kasikorn Bank ATM card a month or two ago, after forgetting it at an ATM.

Either the procedure for replacing is easier than expired or they have simply overlooked.

Side note: if you have your new passport nr. registered at the bank, make sure that online banking still works before leaving the branch.

4 hours ago, digbeth said:

So they refused access to your money when someone turned up without matching ID to what they have on file? 

Yes. One would think a current passpart, yellow household card, Pink Thai ID would have been sufficient. However went to Jomtien branch today and finalised the matter.

1 hour ago, MJCM said:
1 hour ago, Mutt Daeng said:

I am a big fan of using cardless withdrawal via the banks mobile APP. I didn't renew my Kasikorn & Krung Thai ATM cards when they expired and now use their APPs to withdraw money instead. Obvious advantages of using the APP to get money from the ATM are:

1) No ATM card to lose or be swallowed by the ATM

2) Protection from card skimmer devices.

Expand  

And 3) no yearly fee to pay for the ATM cards

Yes, forgot about that. Thanks @MJCM Also, no pi$$-farting about with unhelpful bank staff when the card has expired, as described in the OP

Edited by Mutt Daeng
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Alotoftravel said:

For those debit cardless , can you use the app for online purchase , from food panda, grab , lazada, others ?  

i am banking at kasikorn and have the app but always thought i needed the debit card for above. Any insights would be much appreciated. Thanks 

Many places use the QR Code, and yes, the app will do that.

Charlieh,

Yes, i have used theQR code payment method but i thought food panda use only debit card /cash/pay pal when ordering?

do you mean to pay cash when ordering food panda and then tell the food panda driver that you wish to pay with qr code when he delivers ? 

appreciate clarification, i cannot see on k+ app for these type of online purchases 

17 minutes ago, Alotoftravel said:

Charlieh,

Yes, i have used theQR code payment method but i thought food panda use only debit card /cash/pay pal when ordering?

do you mean to pay cash when ordering food panda and then tell the food panda driver that you wish to pay with qr code when he delivers ? 

appreciate clarification, i cannot see on k+ app for these type of online purchases 

That's how I do it with Food Panda and Grab delivery, I pay by scan upon arrival as they all have phones and it is the same as cash.  Some drivers prefer it as well as paying by PromptPay

Edited by ThailandRyan

On 10/31/2022 at 10:09 AM, lopburi3 said:

Sounds harder than a card insert to me (but understand likely easy after doing once or twice)

Yes it's easy once you've done it and there is no need to pay the annual ATM card fee as there is no need for a card. You do need internet access on your phone during visit to ATM tho.

ThailandRyan,

thanks , will try it the next time i order. Order with cash and when they arrive , use the qr scan method.

separate topic from the LTR forum, i think the only reason for WP permit for us pensioners is to avoid the horror stories of being deported 

eg a story i heard that a foreigner retiree helped his wife selling chicken who happened to help her mom who was sick on that day .

yes , i did not apply for the WP too

• Thumbs Up 1

• 9 months later...

I have Kasikorn card that I used back in 2019. I have left the country and have not used the card. I have no app on my phone. I was not able to download it at that time even at the branch. Is there any hope in renew it from oversea?

I'm not sure if this is exclusive to Kasikorn but you can't do much at all with your account without visiting the branch where your account is held. I even had to visit my branch to change the e-mail address they held for me. 

Also, don't think that you can move your account to a different branch without a problem - you can't, its a full new application and if the branch you want to move to is one of those that make it difficult for foreigners to obtain an account and you don't meet their requirements, you've no chance.

• 3 weeks later...

My Kasikorn debit card expired several months ago.  Can't say I even noticed as I never use the card.  However, trying to renew my VPN subscription, I find that I need a debit card to link to my k-bank account so I need a new card.

The K+ app has an option to order a new card but I can't get it to work.  I go through the application procedure up to the point where I have to accept the terms and conditions but pressing the 'accept' tick box does nothing.  Looks like a trip to the branch is in order - unless someone knows a work-around.

On 10/31/2022 at 10:03 AM, ThailandRyan said:

So is using an ATM card.