Imported Cali weed grown with Plant Growth Regulators (PGR's)

tomster

Yes, in fact oversupply is already a problem: for example last year "Canada’s federally licensed marijuana producers destroyed a record 425 million grams – or 468 tons – of unsold, unpackaged dried cannabis last year". And that doesn't include the massive about of unlicensed grow that was destroyed by Canada's government agencies.

https://mjbizdaily.com/canadian-growers-destroyed-a-record-425-million-grams-of-cannabis-in-2021/

Thailand's oversupply will be even bigger, at least until the National Assembly reviews and votes on recreational use. There's another thread for that, so I won't digress.

Let's be clear PGR is not good to smoke, and the farmers should be clear when they use it (most of them really know what they are doing.. and what the risks pro's/cons are) unfortunately some seller have no idea what they sell.. or don't even know about PGRs.

For the regular smoker and people who smoke over decades some don' t even know the difference, but the farmers do... outdoor its hardly ever used (sorry no facts to proof lol) 

As a smoker i would not want it and would just throw it away (if i would smoke it.. dont get high on your own suply hehe), as a farmer i would be ashamed to show a product as shown on the picture below on the right... and trust me almost no shop in the nr1 weed country of the world will accept this as a product, and to be honest it does look like its been dried/got wet/dried again and got some heavy but rot and it tried to fix with some @@(*&(*$%^&^%  - its just look unnatural... 

Ofcourse good quality weed is grown with regulators and indoor (no pgr's!!!!) (yes we can say without its impossible to deliver a high quality product without it (and co2 is not a must.. if you know what you doing...) .  .. the question what is a high quality product of course would be different answered.. but let's say dutch coffeeshop quality like  +10 euro price a gram.. so sorry Canada/US/Aussie still some years to catch up, no offense) 

probably said to much... but those who know will know and understand ...

image.png.85b43b28472e2ad9de11ef61303fb993.png

On 11/2/2022 at 8:58 AM, bamnutsak said:

High volume, machine-trimmed, vacuum-packed buds have a particular appearance, which is not indicative of the use of chemical PGRs.

I've examined a decent amount of imported cannabis here in dispensaries, and none has had the look (lack of trichomes), preponderance of orange-ish calyxes, aroma/smell (lack thereof), or feel of what is puported to be PGR cannabis.

Let take this as an example....

machine trimmed weed will never be accepted as high quality weed (yes we talking in the nr1 weed country... sorry not US/Canada/Aussie)  same goes for vacuum-packed.... it might be accepted for export or for selling shops else where in the world,. 

The OP has started a good topic and its good thats it gets some attention.. if its really here in alot of dispensaries i don't know.. i will stay with facts and guesses.