STV - Any Extensions? [November]

Hi, 

Just starting a thread regarding STV Extension possibilities, as it might help others with the visa. Background: new issuing of the visa ended oct-31. Embassies throughout Europe have given different opinion if the possibility to extend the visa via its original construction is still possible, or if went full stop oct-31. I do not, in any way, argue that European Embassies have better information; I'm simply stating that information is very vague and that, perhaps, different decisions are being taken at different local immigrations throughout Thailand. 

Anyone tried a STV extensions post oct-31 and how did it go? Bless. ????

Just so you're clear. The STV program ran out Sept 30th, and it was not continued like it was the previous year.

It's not even on the eVisa site (used by some consulates) as a choice.

And if you got an STV before the program ran out, all you get is the 90 days you got stamped in for when you entered.

It cannot be extended inside the country any more.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Tod Daniels said:

Just so you're clear. The STV program ran out Sept 30th, and it was not continued like it was the previous year.

It's not even on the eVisa site (used by some consulates) as a choice.

And if you got an STV before the program ran out, all you get is the 90 days you got stamped in for when you entered.

It cannot be extended inside the country any more.

You're probably right. 

Correction: I wrote October above, but I meant September. 

Purpose of the thread: 

I arrived 25th of september on a new STV. My home country embassy told me that the overall scheme would end (as we all knew) but my extensions will still be doable if enter before september 30th. Just to check that my embassy wasn't misinformed, I mailed a couple of others and they all said the same thing: scheme is ending but if you enter with your new stv before sep 30th you can still do the extensions. 

Again, you're probably right with your assumption; I'm simply somewhat disappointed my trip is cut -6month short and I'm lifting all rocks to find a solution. 

11 minutes ago, aldriglikvid said:

Again, you're probably right with your assumption; I'm simply somewhat disappointed my trip is cut -6month short and I'm lifting all rocks to find a solution. 

You should check with or apply for a extension at your local immigration office

9 hours ago, aldriglikvid said:

You're probably right. 

Correction: I wrote October above, but I meant September. 

Purpose of the thread: 

I arrived 25th of september on a new STV. My home country embassy told me that the overall scheme would end (as we all knew) but my extensions will still be doable if enter before september 30th. Just to check that my embassy wasn't misinformed, I mailed a couple of others and they all said the same thing: scheme is ending but if you enter with your new stv before sep 30th you can still do the extensions. 

Cant you do a border hop ??