No Go Area?

CGW

Driving around East Pattaya yesterday, it was actually quite shocking! "The quality of life" overall has disappeared. What has appeared is trucks, hundreds of them, tearing up the roads and polluting the air. Has Pattaya become the only place that will accept these beat up old trucks that are underpowered, "illegal" air and noise polluting "Beasts!" :D

Just about every truck has some sort of modified exhaust, some have modified there exhausts so they are blowing onto the left side. Motorcyclists have two additional hazards to overcome in this area, not only has anything that could be described as a road surface long disappeared, with all the trucks running around that can also barely see or breathe! :bah:

I know that there are some big projects ongoing in this area, But - surely there should be some controls - I know I'm dreaming - :o

I have wondered if Thailand has a "Minister of transport" if so, what does he do? Possibly laundry for the truck mafia? :D

The situation can only improve? :D At the moment it is a absolute disgrace :D

Edited by CGW

Driving around East Pattaya yesterday, it was actually quite shocking! "The quality of life" overall has disappeared. What has appeared is trucks, hundreds of them, tearing up the roads and polluting the air. Has Pattaya become the only place that will accept these beat up old trucks that are underpowered, "illegal" air and noise polluting "Beasts!" :D

Just about every truck has some sort of modified exhaust, some have modified there exhausts so they are blowing onto the left side. Motorcyclists have two additional hazards to overcome in this area, not only has anything that could be described as a road surface long disappeared, with all the trucks running around that can also barely see or breathe! :bah:

I know that there are some big projects ongoing in this area, But - surely there should be some controls - I know I'm dreaming - :o

I have wondered if Thailand has a "Minister of transport" if so, what does he do? Possibly laundry for the truck mafia? :D

Am sure that there are controls but it seems that whoever should be enforcing does not do so. You could try writing letters to City Hall and our local press. The local press could stop showing us photos of gentlemen found expired and put the space to better use showing us and City Hall the state of roads in East Pattaya. IMVHO

Am sure that there are controls but it seems that whoever should be enforcing does not do so. You could try writing letters to City Hall and our local press. The local press could stop showing us photos of gentlemen found expired and put the space to better use showing us and City Hall the state of roads in East Pattaya. IMVHO

Seen this many times in Thailand, a disgrace indeed! :bah:

Every so often you will see the Mayor walking around pointing out bad roads to the people he has given millions of Bht to to do a proper job. He orders them to put the matter right asap!

"Yes Mayor" they say.....and do NOTHING!

When I drive my Motorbike I spend more time avoiding pot holes than looking where I am going!!!!!

Every so often you will see the Mayor walking around pointing out bad roads to the people he has given millions of Bht to to do a proper job. He orders them to put the matter right asap!

"Yes Mayor" they say.....and do NOTHING!

When I drive my Motorbike I spend more time avoiding pot holes than looking where I am going!!!!!

What do you do when it rains? Lord knows how many people are killed & maimed each year due to the state of the roads, one of the downsides of living in a third world country, but without complaint and eventually! some action there will be no change.

Five plus years or so ago, I used to ride\drive around the same areas as they were so pleasant :o

Cheers

There's no need to venture out of town to see big problems.

Check out lower Pratumnak Road near Walking Street. They've been digging it up for about 8/9 months already with no end in sight and this is one of the busiest TOURIST areas in town.

Not yet sure if this is good or bad news...but they start doing some shrub cleaning left and right of Soi Siam Country Club. Might be that we have a couple of months or rather years of road construction ahead....

They actually fixed that wobbling manhole on SSCC at the market...I was about posting a warning here but before I could action has been taken. That was pretty fast!

Not just east, but top of soi 13/1 the conrete has broken up in a 5 inch wide trench, just as you come round the corner on a bike is real bad if you are still turning, same thing in the soi opposite boxing roo on 3rd rd