Blender Repair Referral Request

I have a really nice blender, that has lasted for over 2 years now. But unfortunately needs repair. And, therefore, I am requesting anyone that knows anyone that might be able to repair it. Thanks!

The bearing has stopped working - for the blade that is built-in to the upper-part, the container assembly. I have seen replacements units that encompass the entire container assembly, including the bearing, etc. But as these cost almost the same price as an entire new unit (both bottom AND top parts), it is hardly worth it!

Should i just buy a new unit, or would there be someway to just replace the bearing for the blades?

Where are you located?

Thai's will repair almost anything, there are chaps in Ban-Mo re-winding Hatari fan motors!

A good starting point is invariably your local motorbike taxi chaps, if they don't know they will know someone who does, and all for a nominal tip.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Where are you located?

I am in the Pattaya area.

Thanks, for the advice.

A new blender would cost about 1800, and the aforementioned top-component assembly that includes everything besides the bottom-motor section costs around 1200. So surely, the replacement of just the single bearing should be much cheaper. That motor has at least 2 more years left in it! Built like a tank, otherwise.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, most manufacturers of small items don't run to a spare parts inventory. A long shot is to find another blender that is broken differently, and cannibalize it for the bearing.

I'm just wondering how much gasoline the OP is going to burn in pursuit of this part, though.

May be cheaper in the long run to buy new.

35 minutes ago, Terry B said:

The bearing has stopped working - for the blade that is built-in to the upper-part, the container assembly.

I had this problem before. The bearing was gummed up. Hold the blade with a towel and grab the base. Turn anticlockwise and it should unscrew. Wash with hot water and see if it will turn.

As i remember it was a plastic/rubber bush and i added a bad of silicone grease.

Edited by stubuzz
  • Love It 1

19 minutes ago, Terry B said:

Thanks, for the advice.

A new blender would cost about 1800, and the aforementioned top-component assembly that includes everything besides the bottom-motor section costs around 1200. So surely, the replacement of just the single bearing should be much cheaper. That motor has at least 2 more years left in it! Built like a tank, otherwise.

i mean i have been blending up kilos of *herbs* in mine for over 3 years now without an issue. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

May be cheaper in the long run to buy new

Yes, perhaps; this is part of the reason I am asking here.

But regardless, it will be hard to find another one with the same base colour of 'Ducatti/Ferrari Red' ????????????????

24 minutes ago, Terry B said:

Thanks, for the advice.

Depends on a couple of things Terry, because these days a lot of the blenders have phosphor bronze bearings in the top section, so no moving parts per se, just a phosphor bronze sleeve that can be punched out and replaced, if indeed there are those parts available?

I've had a blender for about 15 years and although I don't use it a lot, it has been used for some grunty work over it's time, and it's still going, and it wasn't that expensive – – so I would ask yourself if it's worth repairing or buying a brand-new one which will cost under a thousand baht (I've seen them at this price) and I may well last you a lifetime?

I have just read the post from Stubuz and it reminded me that if you are careful you can punch out the liquidiser blade and spindle, clean it up and apply a little grease, not enough to taint your food, and reassemble it, something I have done with other similar appliances.

Edited by xylophone

4 minutes ago, xylophone said:

Depends on a couple of things Terry, because these days a lot of the blenders have phosphor bronze bearings in the top section, so no moving parts per se, just a phosphor bronze sleeve that can be punched out and replaced, if indeed there are those parts available?

The problem that people are finding is that they rely on the parts supplied by the maker. 

However if you actually go to a bearing supplier you will almost always find that the bearings are actually standard parts and are very cheap compared to the OEM parts.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Terry B said:

Thanks, for the advice.

Used to be.......not sure now .....TukCom ...go 1 floor down and there is a magical shop on the RHS that sells bearings, etc for all sorts of things. 

There are also some suppliers on Lazada and Shopee that sell blender bits and pieces. ????

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1