Non-immigrant "O" applied with thai child & 400K THB

Hello everyone,

I've obtained a 3 months Non O visa based on my thai child.
Note that i am married with my thai wife but my visa has been made as a father of a thai child and not as a husband.

Soon, i am going to apply for the one year extension which is normally easier to obtain.
I am reasonably confident of getting it knowing that i have all the asked requirements.

Now, my question is the following:

I kept 400K THB in my thai bank since now about 5 months (2 months before my initial apply for the 3 month Non O visa) and almost 3 months more since i've obtained it.
I have income every month to live here (i remind that my visa is child support, not based on monthly income) but not enough to buy devices for about 100K which i need.
I've read in a recent post that after obtaining my one year extension i would need to

"maintained for the under consideration period."

What that mean exactly, i am not sure of this meaning.

I've read also that i have to maintain at list 200K all the year (not a problem) so, if i have my one year extension, can i use 100K right now or do i have to wait 2 ou 3 months after i got it or do i have to permanently keep it at, at least 400K all the year (That would mean that i cnever can touch it) ?

Many thanks for your answers and a nice week-end to all. 

3 minutes ago, kokool said:

I've read in a recent post that after obtaining my one year extension i would need to
"maintained for the under consideration period."
What that mean exactly, i am not sure of this meaning.

When you apply the you will get a under consideration stamy to report back in 30 days while it is being approved by the immigration division headquarters over the office where you apply at  is under.

Not all offices want to check that the 400k baht is still in the bank.

7 minutes ago, kokool said:

I've read also that i have to maintain at list 200K all the year (not a problem) so, if i have my one year extension, can i use 100K right now or do i have to wait 2 ou 3 months after i got it or do i have to permanently keep it at, at least 400K all the year (That would mean that i never can touch it) ?

There is no requirement to do that for a extension based upon marriage or being the parent of a Thai.

You can take all of 400k baht out after you have your extension stamp. Then it will need to be in bank for 2 months on the day you apply for the next one.

• Like 2